Still love the s-12 a must have for Michigan trail riding
Michelin S12 XC Front Tire
- 8 Reviews
- 1 Question
- Sizing Chart
The history of Michelin's involvement in off-road racing and the long history of the S12 XC dirt bike tire makes for a competition-ready tire that you can trust to get you to the finish line.
- The Michelin S12 XC tire was strictly designed for traction in soft terrain; the newest S12 XC tire takes it a step further and improved the durability in conjunction with better grip.
- The reformulated rubber mixture on the S12 XC improves durability by at least 25% from previous Michelin tires.
- A championship tire needs to transmit feedback efficiently and Michelin improved this on the S12 XC with a redesigned casing by adding a ply and adding thickness to the sidewalls in the bead area.
- Maintaining the proven tread pattern was exactly what Michelin did with the S12 XC tire; the shoulder pattern promotes cornering stability. Keeping the lugs clear from mud build up is accomplished with the S12 XC tires unique 45 knobs.
Michelin Sizing Conversion:
Michelin has their own proprietary method for measuring their off-road XC tires: The width of Cross tires is measured at the level of the base of the tread blocks, while for Enduro tires, it is measured by the overall dimension, that is to say at the widest point which is the top of the tread blocks. Since this may confuse customers who ordered based on their fitment but received a tire which appears to be incorrectly sized, the chart below has been provided. It converts from standard sizing (as purchased) to Michelin's sizes (written on tire sidewalls).
- Conventional size 80/100-21 = Michelin size of 90/90-21.
- Conventional size 100/90-19 = Michelin size of 120/80-19.
- Conventional size 110/90-19 = Michelin size of 130/70-19.
- Conventional size 100/100-18 = Michelin size of 120/90-18.
- Conventional size 110/100-18 = Michelin size of 130/80-18.
- Conventional size 120/90-18 = Michelin size of 140/80-18.
This tire hooks up great. I have gotten flat tires with many other tires but never with this one. I beat these tires up off road racing and they hold up great!
Worth the $$. I would recommend these to anyone riding on soft terrain like sand, mud, soft packed dirt, etc. They give pretty good feel of how the bike is reacting to the track, and how the bike is reacting to good/bad technique. Lol
I Love these tires. They work great in Florida!
excellent all around tire wears good and for the money a good buy
at first when i saw that it said soft terrain i was a bit intimidated for wearing reasons but its lasted 6 monthes and it could last alot longer i just race hare scrambles and am picky about tires but if you do any from of off road racing this is the tire for u also hooks up real good on mx track but ya the only way itll wash out is if ur on the side of a hill and have to much air in it or something.
this tire is amazing wish i would have purchased sooner. hooks up great in soft and hard terrain.
YES I WOULD RECOMEND THE TIRE TO A FRIEND , EXCELLANT TIRE AND GREAT PRICE .
|Conventional Size||Michelin Size|
Note: Applies to Michelin® off-road (non-DOT-approved) tires only. Purchase your tires at MotoSport.com based on the Conventional sizing.