I am 5' 9" tall and wanted to get the bars up a bit to a more comfortable position while standing up on my 400 ex. With the Houser clamp and a set of Tag bars with a 450r bend I am right where I want to be.
Houser Racing Steering Stem
- 10 Reviews
- 6 Questions
If you noticed the bump steer problems with your O.E.M. stem and want to eliminate them, check out this steering stem. Houser changed the location of the steering stem bottom to fix this problem.
The Houser Steering Stem is backed by more then ten years of developing and testing ATV suspension and chassis components resulting in one of the most durable ATV steering stems available.
- The Houser steering stem is constructed out of TIG welded 4130 chromoly steel for improved strength.
- The extended Houser steering stem (+1", +1.25", +1.50", +2") is ideal for the taller rider or anyone looking to increase the height of their controls for improved riding geometry.
- All Houser steering stems use extra large gussets at the handlebar support and tie rod mounts to improve strength and help prevent bending.
- Tie rod location has been moved to optimize handling.
- Forward curved bar clamp mount tube on top with large gussets.
- Anti-vibe - tapered isolation mounts.
- Houser steering stems are powder-coated black resulting in a beautiful finish that lasts.
- The Houser steering stem includes: steering stem, Nyloc nut and spacer (depending on fitment).
- Notes: Houser steering stems MUST be used with the Houser Racing Anti-Vibe Clamp (sold separately). Extended steering stems may require the purchase of longer control cables. Heights are measured with anti-vibe clamp against stock stem and clamp.
Very strong and durable. Easy install and looks nice to
Will never buy 1 again I may have got a bad 1 but who knows... I was washing underneath of quad in the yard it fell backwards and bent! Houser wouldn't even look or test it to see if it was a bad 1. It was 1 ride old...
For those looking to rep out your stock stem, this Houser steering stem is worth buying.
Fit is perfect, can use stock lock nut.
Houser makes some good stuff.
Very happy owning this steering stem.
Houser makes a good stem, easy to install and the anti-vibe works great...the stem bends really easy though, not as tough as I would like
i have had my houser stem now for a few years on my trx450r. I love the +1, dont have to bend over to much but also low enough for trail riding. Can't beat the durability! i have taken a few spills and its still straight! I love it!
For the price can't beat it works good race every weekend
DO NOT buy cheap imitations of this stem. I bought one on-line through some super atv shop had to grind down steering stop splines were way off. Also, when I took it off to put in the Houser stem on it was bent. Never wrecked with it go figure! I thought I could save some money. Don't waste your time with cheaper knock offsbuy the Houser stem. IT'S WORTH IT!!!!!
Im 6'4" and this really saved my back. I didn't realize how much i hunched over until i installed this. Looks great, makes it more comfortable to ride and helps with vibration.
very nice and easy to use product...installs easy...looks great highly recommended
stated in description:
"Note: Houser steering stems must be used with Houser handle bar clamp and may require the purchase of longer brake lines and clutch cable."