This is a very nice part! It looks amazing, was easy to install, and seems like it will be much more reliable than the factory housing. It came with bearings, dust seals, and everything else needed for the install. The Durablue website even had instructions. I haven't had a chance to ride since installing the part, but I have a lot of confidence it will last for a long time.
Dura Blue Axle Housing
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Questions
DuraBlue has been a leader in the ATV industry because of their commitment to building performance parts to withstand the most extreme riding conditions.
- The DuraBlue axle housing is constructed from heat-treated billet aluminum for maximum durability.
- With double row sealed bearings, the axle housing is a maintenance-free system with nothing to grease making it easy to keep riding without worrying about maintenance.
- Engineered with bearings that are twice as wide as most stock bearings, the axle housing offers four times the surface capacity for maximum axle support.
- Bearings use a double lip system to keep out dirt and water for maximum wear life.
- For easy installation, the axle housing comes complete and ready to install.
- Durablue engineered and constructed the axle housing to be lighter than stock and as strong as steel.
- Fitting stock axles - and most aftermarket axles - the axle housing is built to fit most ATV applications.
- For maximum wear life, replacement bearings and seals are available (sold separately).
I installed on a KFX450. This carrier is built to exact oem specs. It even has the groves cut in the outside so you can use the o- rings to seal between the carrier and swing arm unlike another aftermarket I tried. The bearings are a high quality sealed bearing so I'm expecting a lot more service life out of them compared to the standard type that require more atention to maintain. I installed with no issues and everything rolls smoothly.
This bearing housing is extremely lite considering how beefy it is compared to stock also they put two bearings in instead of four thin weak bearings that come stock.