I just got the MX51 front and rear combo and they totally rip through the forest trails and especially in the desert. Better than trials tires for sure.
Dunlop Geomax MX51 Front Tire
- 36 Reviews
- 2 Questions
Geomax MX51 helps deliver enhanced grip, added tread longevity and a wider range of terrain applications, reaching farther into hard-pack conditions.
- Profile design provides more tread volume (greater land / sea ratio) in the shoulders for excellent cornering grip and a more open center-tread area for straight-line grip.
- Recessed biting edges in shoulder tread blocks yield enhanced traction for greater grip in corners and ruts throughout a wide range of terrain conditions.
- Tie-bar design connects and reinforces the tread blocks for greater tread stiffness, yielding improved intermediate-to-hard terrain performance.
- Recessed design in the area between tread blocks gives the tire improved compliance for enhanced ride comfort.
- Knobs are placed in a unique "cross-stitch" shoulder-block distribution for enhanced traction and grip in intermediate-to-hard riding conditions.
- Larger-radius tread block base for strength and enhanced tread longevity.
I run the MX51 on all but the sandiest tracks in Michigan. The knobs eventually start chunking off on very hard pack surfaces, but not unreasonably so. These are my favorite tires.
The Motosport Team are an exceptional group of people. They go above an beyond to satisfy their customers. Really proud of Motosport.com as a sponsor! Thanks for all you do!!
Dunlops geomax MX 51s are the best tires on the market.
These were suggested to me by two of the more advanced riders in our riding group. I have been happy with them so far, I have only put about 10 hours (woods riding) on them but they haven't lost any lugs and grip is confidence inspiring. Roots, rocks and ruts normally cause longevity issues with tires but again, so far so good.
Performs excellently in all conditions.
MX-51 tires are the only tires that I will put on my 250F. The grip on the track is awesome.
We have ran other tires in the past tried the mx 51s looking for better performance and found it .We will never run any other kind my son wouldn't let me even if i wanted to.Great for hard and intermediate not the best for sandy conditions.
worked on a 1995 honda xr100r. smaller tire goes on much easier than a bigger back tire. soapy water and two paddles. took me about 30 minutes total time. it is a little bigger/taller tire than the original, non metric, size tire, but not too big. looks good.
Good tire. Stable under braking. I haven't had it in a wide range of conditions so I can't comment on it's ability to handle changing dirt conditions.
Only have a few rides on it, but still looks new. Pretty easy to install also.
The 51 seemed to work well on the 85. I'm not too stoked on it on my CRF250R, but it's a bigger bike and tire.
Have had great luck with these tires in the past.
Put this on my kx450f. Huge improvement in my cornering. Gave me the confidence to lay into it.
Dunlop still is the best and only tire I run, I have tried the others and won't ever do that again. Dunlop is the only tire for me.
This is a a-plus tire tread is awesome and so is grip got it for my yz85 2003
I switched to this tire after many reviews and input from other riders. GLAD I DID! This tire is great for every kind of terrian! You won't go wrong with this one!
As stated before this tire is no good in anything loamy or sandy. It is wide, so it floats, wanders and slides all over the place. I think it's a great hard pack tire on clay or tacky but if you ride anything intermediate I would lean towards the MX31. If you live in Florida definitely get the MX31.