This tire is great! It hooks up well in the corners.
Dunlop Geomax MX31 Rear Tire
- 13 Reviews
- 4 Questions
The Geomax MX31 carries a wealth of innovative features that allow the tire to dig down deep for extra traction in sand and mud, resulting in tenacious grip across a wide range of soft-terrain conditions.
- The Geomax MX31 features Dunlop's patented, tapered, "chiseled" shoulder-block shape. A taper in the block creates a smaller point on top that allows the knob to penetrate through the ground's soft surface layer and grab the firmer ground beneath to gain traction instead of floating on the surface.
- Limited block surface creates a more open pattern for enhanced penetration in soft dirt / sand to contact harder ground for enhanced traction.
- Chiseled shoulder-block shape helps improve side traction and makes traversing ruts easier.
- Geomax Reinforced Pattern (GRP) design connects and reinforces the tread blocks for greater tread stiffness, while recessed design in the area between tread blocks helps give the tire superb compliance and ride comfort.
- Knobs are placed in a unique linked shoulder-block design for better traction and grip in soft-to-intermediate riding conditions.
i have run this tire on my Rm 250 in the winter and early spring and i counldnt be more pleased. i love this tire. it hooks up exceptionally well in the mud and soft dirt and i will continue to run this tire when i am on a softer terrain course. very pleased with this product. buy this tire to keep you ripping through the soft stuff while watching the competition get stuck in it
Bought the tire about a month ago and installed it. Installation went well. I have only rode the home a couple of times so fare. Tire has good grip on hard and soft ground. I think is is going to be a great tire.
Tire came fast, Hooks up well. My son has them on his KTM. they work well and look nasty!!!!
Tire is a waste of money.The side knobbys started ripping off after 5 hours of practice in soft terrain.This was on a stock 2010 crf250r.
The MX31 rear is great for the little bikes. Cleans well in the mud and hooks up great.
I've run both the mx51 and mx31 front and rear tires.
I only liked the 51's on super hard pack tracks. Anything soft or loose the front would get nervous.
I believe the 31's are better intermediate tires than the 51's, especially the front. They do well in everything intermediate to soft and the front tire gives you a ton of confidence in corners. I'm on my second rear and the wear seems pretty standard for a tire.
recently purchased dunlop geomax rear tire my son prefers this tire it has a great tread pattern and he says he likes it because he can dig deep in the corners.
cant beat the price, but the rear MX 31 side Knobbies started peeling off after first ride. I think this could be a factory defect. I know people who had good luck with this tire.Picture coming soon.
the front was easy the rear took two people, the 80 might be why recommend the shop put it on.
Great mud tire that helped me move to the top of points in my class of off road racing. Perfect tire for wet spring races.
only lasts a couple rides.
In just three short rides the knobbys started chunking off. This tire was made to outlast the old 756 but it will not. I had to replace the tire after practice. This tire was not raceable it was missing 8 knobbies. Buy a quality tire, that will last.