Ahh, the most important day in motocross news has arrived, our HOT or NOT list from San Diego Supercross. Read below who made the list and who got ditched.
450 HOT or NOT
– HOT – RV was actually close to not making the HOT list. Had the pass from Reed stuck and RV would have placed 2nd
, he was destined for NOT stardom. However, it didn’t and he didn’t. So welcome to the HOT list once again, Mr. Villopoto.
– HOT – When RV got out front we didn’t give Reed much of a shot at reeling him in. Shame on us. Reed was a beast through the whoops and nearly won the race. He’s not 6 pts down in the championship heading into Dallas.
– NOT – A podium is solid, however, it’s been a few weeks since we’ve seen RD mix it up with the front-runners. He’s riding consistently, but if he wants a title, he needs to put himself in better position early.
– HOT – It was his best ride of the season and it came at the opportune time for both he and Suzuki.
– HOT – After a horrible showing at A2, Hanny needed a solid comeback ride. Well, he got it in San Diego with his maiden top five in the SX class. Now let’s see if he can do it again in Dallas.
– HOT – From a near catastrophic practice crash to a 6th
place finish in the main event, Justin Brayton was HOT in every sense of the word in San Diego.
– NOT – Sorry, but we still feel as if Millsaps is leaving something on the table. He’s been solid, but a top five would be nice to see.
– Chiz put in his first top 10 of the season in San Diego and is now only eight points behind Hanny for top 10 in the championship. Yes, that is HOT.
– NOT – Alessi would have earned a HOT based on the fact that he led his heat race (before the red flag) and put in a good top 10 showing in the main event, but when he failed to yield to the lead pack when the blue flag was waved, well, that pretty much killed his chances.
– HOT – Our boy Nick Wey finally showed up in San Diego after an uncharacteristically slow start to the season. Let’s hope he can keep the ball rolling in the right direction in Dallas.
250 HOT or NOT
- HOT - Back to winning ways on the track, and surprisingly in the championship as well. He now leads by 2 pts with 2 rounds to go.
- HOT - Starting to find a bit of consistency now with two second places in a row. And definitely showing the form that we hoped to see after his A1 victory.
- HOT - The first ever podium for the JDR/J-Star KTM team and Moss's first American podium as well. You could tell this guy was super-pumped.
- HOT - After missing mains early on in the year, the South African is starting to find his feet, as he climbs up the championship table.
- HOT - Another 5th place finish, and one that moves him into 5th place in the championship. We are finally seeing the old Nico Izzi on the race track.
- HOT - His best points total since filling in for Wil Hahn and one that should show other teams he's a worthwhile pickup if they need a rider.
- HOT - San Diego was the cherry that is sitting on top of the Billy's SX season cake so far. The harder the whoops, the better Billy does.
- HOT - After his 20th at LA, Travis has gone 6-9-8 and while I'm sure he'd like to be higher, it's still a good run of form.
- HOT - One top 10 can be seen as a fluke, two top 10s, in a row is the sign of consistency as well as speed and that's something Friese has often lacked.
- HOT - It hasn't been a great year for Paluzzi as this was only his second main event, but to place as a top 10 is a good way to try and turn things around.