I love the fact I can change from a long throw throttle to a short throw throttle throw in a matter of minutes.
Motion Pro Revolver Throttle Kit
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Questions
- Innovative reel changing system allows you to tailor your throttle rate to riding conditions and rider preference.
- Kit includes four reel sizes: 35mm, 40mm, 45mm, and 50mm.
- Use smaller reels for slower throttle rates and larger reels for faster throttle rate.
- Unique reel design allows last reel changes without having to readjust cables.
- Billet aluminum inline cable adjusters for easy installation and adjustment.
- Removable setscrew in throttle housing allows for installation on drilled or undrilled handlebars.
- Kit includes complete VR Throttle Assembly and high quality Motion Pro black vinyl cables specifically designed for your bike. Sportbike kits include new Motion Pro RoadControl grips.
- Requires removal of right side switch assembly.
I swapped out to the largest reel from my stock throttle assembly and it made a world of difference.
Only knock I have is i had a slow crash on the right side and the grip provided split towards the end of the bar. Not a huge deal, but the pro-taper grips I've had on there have never been damaged in any of my many crashes.
The installation was a breeze and I kicked myself for putting it off for so long not wanting to mess with the throttle cables and such thinking back to when i raced I4s and messing with that carb/throttle cable assembly...
'09 CRF 450R: The Motion Pro throttle assembly is a complete kit, from the carb/throttle body to the grips. After a pretty hard trip to the ground I noticed my throttle was sticking and further inspection showed a broken throttle tube and kinked pull side cable. Finding a complete kit with 4 different cam sizes made my day. After taking my time to route the cables and adjust them the cams can be switched out with minor adjustment on the topside cable adjusters. Sweet kit, from the cables & cams to the grips, I only wish motosport would carry the billet throttle tube for this kit.
For use with stock throttle bodies. Stock reel is 33.4 mm. IMPORTANT - The stock twist throttle assembly on this model incorporates an on/off switch, mode switch, and starter button. The Motion Pro 11-0098 accessory switch only has an on/off switch and starter button, and cannot be used to replace the original switching functions on the stock throttle assembly. In order to install the Rev2 kit and retain all the necessary switching functions, owners of this model will need to install longer aftermarket handlebars (at least 50 mm longer than stock on the right side) and use the stock throttle assembly mounted behind the Rev2 throttle housing. The stock twist throttle assembly can be modified to remove the throttle reel holder portion and leave just the necessary switches. This modification makes it narrower and uses less space on the handlebar. Rev2 Kits have cables specifically designed for fitment on specific models, but the Rev2 throttle itself is not model specific. Therefore, in some situations, the Rev2 kit may not be a direct bolt on installation due to space limitations on the stock handlebar. In some installations, it may be necessary to move other control components on the stock handlebar, shorten the Rev2 throttle tube and grip, install longer aftermarket handlebars, or possibly all of the above. It is up to the end user to determine the best method for fitment on their motorcycle, and ensure that the Rev2 kit is installed properly and with the correct clearances for safe operation. Installation should be done by a qualified mechanic and carefully checked for proper function. Warning: Improper installation could result in great bodily injury or death.