New for 2013, the Atlas Prodigy is Atlas Brace Technologies' purpose-built solution for teens and smaller women. Growing up it can be tough to find proper safety equipment that can fit and protect as it should, and that is where this brace comes in. When kids grow, they move up a machine size and think they should also graduate to new, proper fitting protection along the way. The Atlas Prodigy brace is purposely built and designed as a stepping stone for teens, and it is engineered to fit and function exactly like its bigger counterpart, even preserving the innovative features.
- Designed proportionately: The Atlas Prodigy brace is designed to fit a smaller rider, while performing the same as its bigger counterpart. For the first time, young teens and smaller women finally have safety equipment that will fit properly, and more importantly, function properly. The newly introduced Atlas Prodigy weighs in at a very light 590 grams.
- Re-engineered entry and exit system: The entry and exit system used on the Prodigy also doubles as the Emergency Release System. With the push of a button, a user can enter, or exit the brace very easily, with no loose parts to fall away. This quick release system can be performed in a matter of seconds by people of nearly any age.
- Unique frame design: Atlas Brace went to great lengths to create a perfect fit for smaller riders, and simply modifying an existing part wasn't up to their standards. Instead, they decided to start from scratch. The Atlas Prodigy brace uses its own unique frame design, specifically engineered to truly fit smaller riders properly, while allowing them the range of motion they need to perform extreme sports.
- Re-designed back supports: Introducing dual pivoting back supports on the Original brace changed the way people looked at neck protection. Less than one year later, Atlas Brace was not able to not only cut the weight of their back supports in half, but add dual flex-tip feature to the bottom of each back support making these the most technologically advanced, and largest surface area back supports in existence.
- Reversible CNC'd rear mounts: In addition to new back supports, the new reversible rear mounts offer adjustment without the need for an additional set of mounts. Simply loosen the mounts assembled on the brace, rotate them 180 degrees, tighten, and an adjustment has been made. Two sizes built into one mount allows the amazingly simplistic design to become even more user friendly.
- Removable strap clip system: Brand new optional snap-on strap clips create a free moving, fool proof way to secure the supplied shoulder straps. Best of all, they are completely removable for users who do not wish to use the shoulder strap system. In the event of an impact, these unique strap clips will rotate out of the way to help prevent further injury that static clips can cause.
- Youth chest strap: With a completely redesigned brace comes a redesigned way to secure it. Atlas Brace created a new chest strap system with more adjustment, and simplified operation and just like with the Original brace the chest strap is included with each brace at no charge.
- Simplistic flexible design: The Atlas Brace family is the first non-rigid brace family on the market. By creating a simplified design, and allowing the frame to flex upward and downward in the rear, the Atlas brace maximizes comfort, minimizes bulk, and reduces the "trapped" feeling that other products can create.
- Adjustability: Reversible rear mounts offer multiple offsets for length (chest size), and optional shoulder padding for height (neck length) are both adjustable right out of the box to create a custom fit for nearly every individual.
- Dual pivoting back supports: By incorporating dual back supports into the design, the Atlas Brace provides greater surface area spread across the back, while transferring loads around the spine rather than directly into it. Increasing surface area helps disperse loads over a larger part of the body, aiming to reduce pressure points in critical areas of the body.
- Open sternum: An open sternum area helps transfer the impact around the sternum on a greater surface area of the body, possibly reducing the risk of a fracture.
- Chest suspension: The Atlas Brace has unique, flexible, leaf spring design chest supports that allow the chest supports to aid in absorbing and slowing down Hyper-Flexion impacts. This promotes further rotation of the helmet, helping to keep the body in motion rather than the head coming to an abrupt stop on impact. This innovative suspension system can also help to reduce some forces transferred through the helmet, head, and chest by distributing them through the brace.
- Custom energy absorbing padding: Unique material properties help to disperse energy from an impact before it reaches the body, further reducing smaller injuries such as bruising or muscle fatigue when compared to conventional EVA foams. All padding is water resistant to ensure no added weight, or wet padding during use.
- 6061-T6 aluminum hardware: The hardware included on the Atlas Brace is fully custom designed, CNC machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum, and anodized to meet the requirements and specifications for this product. All hardware is mounted parallel with specific areas of the body to ensure no bolts are mounted in a way that could puncture the body in a catastrophic crash scenario. Every aspect of the Atlas Brace was carefully engineered, that is why simple, cheap hardware from a catalog was not considered as an option.
- Mounting options: The Atlas Brace can be configured in various ways. Some options include: Stand alone brace with no straps, Full 3 piece chest strap (included), Under the arms cross straps (included), Stand alone brace with chest protector, Chest protector mounted to brace (see user manual for instructions on mounting).
- In the box: Each Atlas Prodigy Brace is packaged with 2 strap systems, 1 draw string brace bag, and a multi-language user manual.
Sizing: The Atlas Brace sizing is based on chest circumference (distance around the chest, measured high on the chest, just under the arms). The sizing is as follows:
- Prodigy Brace: 29" - 33" (74 cm - 84 cm).