Few weeks ago had a big wipe out that felt like an bad knees injury, but thankfully was just hypertension.... Still had hard time walking at work for a few days. That helped make the decision I needed braces a few days off work would more than pay for them so easy decision. Velcro adjustments could have been little smaller for my legs. Tether is a good thing most braces don't have.
Asterisk Cell Knee Braces
- 6 Reviews
- 1 Question
The Cell Knee Protection System is built on more than 10+ years of time-tested and proven designs. Several patented revolutionary design concepts come together in unison to create this System: the A.R.C. Cuff has the ability to be totally adjustable for fit, yet remain rigid; simple, low profile strapping features a single finger release; a natural free-motion, rolling-gliding hinge follows the natural movement of the knee; carbon fiber matrix, tibial plateau-capturing frame design provides strong, yet lightweight protection; brace-to-boot tether attachment helps prevent lower leg rotation; plus the full-time, full-coverage patella cup offers superior coverage. This Knee Protection System is truly decades ahead of all the rest. Undersleeves and tethers are included.
- A.C.M. Frame: Anatomically correct design. Carbon fiber epoxy matrix. Rigid and lightweight, impact distributing structure.
- Asymmetri-Glide Hinge: Tracks the "natural rolling-gliding" motion of the knee joint. Asymmetrical design allows each hinge to set properly. Allows for automatic tibia alignment of lower frame. Adjustable extension regulator from 0 to 30. Condyle shims for fine tuning fit.
- A.R.C Cuff: Adjustable Retention Control. Multiform rigid lateral support. Built in anti-rotation connection. Stainless steel retention strips. Inverted adjustment increases lateral rigidity. Thermo-formed EV50 shock absorbent foam padding.
- Anti-Rotation Tether: Links the brace to the boot, making them as one. Transfers forces of a lower leg rotation. Adjustable to suit each individual.
- Quick-Release Straps: Standard adjustable strapping. Single finger quick release buckle. BoaLow profile.
- Tele-Tri Patella Cup: Telescoping Three piece design. Easily removable. High impact Nylon 6 material. Full range of motion coverage of the knee cap. Hybrid shock absorbent foam padding.
- Thermo-Formed Padding: Thermo-formed for precise fit. Forms to leg shape using your body heat. Easy cleaning.
- Water Resistant: Non-corrosive metals. Non-corrosive composites. Hand washable soft materials.
- Undersleeves (included with braces): Conically tapered cut to match the legs' natural contour. Ventilated mesh promotes air flow. Reduces heat build up by wicking moisture away from skin. Flat stitched quad seam for a smooth, durable finish. Durable fold-over elastic band.
- Sold in pairs.
Once they are set up they feel really good. Seems to eliminate all lateral movement and hyper extension. Felt bulky at first but after about 2 laps I literally forgot I was wearing them. Great feel and quality construction, and they work!
I have had the old lace up Asterisk braces and always liked the comfort and protection. The only problem with them was when extreme pressure during a straight leg accident the lace would widen behind the knee allowing for a hyper extension and in my case a ACL reconstruction. I have a custom made knee brace but don't like it for motocross. The new strap system is very secure and after using them I can tell they are better than the older style. They are slightly less comfortable but better for sure. Overall, I am very happy and feel confident they provide great protection. I also have pod knee braces but like the hinge on the Asterisk much better!
I have had these knee braces for 5 years. They have seen countless crashes, and ive even broken my collar bone while wearing them. When I took off my gear, my Legs were red and looked awful, but after a day I didn't even have a bruise. My bike had to be completely rebuilt but thanks to these my legs were ok
offer protection but at the price of being bulky, overall I'm happy with them...
This is the first pair of braces I have ever owned. I think I did my research and these seem to fill the bill. Good price and prompt service. A+.