The ALPINESTARS CARBON BIONIC NECK SUPPORT package consists of the following:
ONE ALPINESTARS CARBON BIONIC NECK SUPPORT:
- Designed to work with a helmet to reduce the risk and severity of a catastrophic neck injury (i.e. a paralyzing injury).
- The BNS is designed to substantially reduce the likelihood of a serious neck injury, although it may not prevent injury from occurring in all cases.
- Functions by providing an alternate load path for the energy that compresses the neck.
- If the helmet is in contact with the BNS at the moment of impact, the overall load passing through the neck can be reduced, which may prevent a fracture from occurring.
- Also helps reduce the chance of muscular injuries associated with extremes of head movement.
- When compared to soft 'neck roll' devices, the protection provided is significantly better because being soft, these devices simply deform, offering no protection against damaging compressive forces.
- Fit is critical to ensure the most effective protection possible; riders should choose the equipment size best suited for their body; the BNS or Bio SB should not roll around over the shoulders.
- Pivot Key System: A special magnesium key located at the rear allows the convenient front opening of the device and allows for quick dismantling in an emergency.
- Fitting System: A fine adjustment of shoulder height allows a more personal fit, particularly for individuals with a shorter than normal neck.
- Rear Stabilizer Failure System: in the event of large loads being channeled onto the rear stabilizer (the part that sits on the back) there are a number of deliberate bending and fracture points designed to relieve extreme loads that may be transmitted down the back.
- These include: deflection of the foam tail (grooves to allow deflection of support structure tip), fracture area of support structure tip, fracture of supporting members (also fracture if subject to side loads that could cause a large rotation to the head).
- Collar bone preservation: All parts in contact with the body use an expanded foam compound to distribute the impact over the widest possible area, yet still be light in weight.
- Collar bone preservation 2: A continuous frame member runs over the shoulders this means there are no weak points in a critical part of the BNS and Bio SB frame and that there are no metal pins or screws sitting directly above the shoulders that could come dislodged into the shoulders or collarbone during an accident.
- Supplied with the X-Strap system which allows a small, light strap (worn over or under the jersey) to secure the device to the rider.
- BNS includes carry bag.
- Carbon composite frame to maximize frame stiffness and minimize weight.
- Lightweight EPP foam absorption pads prevent impact compression.
- Weight is approximately 850 grams.
And, option of adding ONE OGIO BRACE CASE within which to store the neck brace:
- Compression molded EVA foam case.
- Molded base neck brace stabilization.
- Internal neck brace securing system.
- Large main dual zipper opening.
- Zippered goggles / lens storage compartment.
- Easy access grab handle.
- Dimensions: 16"H x 11.75"W x 11"D.
- Capacity: 1950 cubic inches / 31.95 liters.
- Weight: 2.0 pounds / 0.9 kg.