Best helmet on the market today
6D Helmets ATR-1 Helmet - Stealth
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Question
The 6D ATR-1 off-road helmet incorporates the revolutionary Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) technology, which is a patent-pending kinetic energy management solution. ODS is designed to protect your brain over a broader range of impact energy; particularly the low-threshold energy prevalent in most accidents. Low-threshold impact energy is the primary cause of concussion and secondary impact syndrome. Independent laboratory testing also confirms a significant reduction in angular acceleration energy with ODS. Angular acceleration is the primary cause of rotational brain injury, which is a potentially deadly and life-changing impairment.
The improved performance of 6D's exclusive ODS technology can reduce the likelihood and propensity of concussion over traditional helmet designs. Although no helmet can protect you from all potential impacts or injury, the 6D ATR-1 was engineered to provide active free-motion capability within the helmet's protective liner and exceed current relevant helmet standards.
- ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) Technology.
- Air-Gap Technology.
- Shell is made from a proprietary woven blend of advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass, and Kevlar.
- Visor mounts flush with integrated recess into the outer shell surface.
- Large eyeport opening provides excellent fitment of all popular motocross goggles.
- Removable contoured roost guard provides additional protection from rocks and roost.
- Integrated traction posts at the eyeport combine with a shell recess to keep your goggle strap secure.
- Clavicle Cut-Away provides increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength.
- Rear Delta Vent aids heat transfer by scavenging air from within the helmet.
- Sternum Pad provides added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum in the event of an accident.
- Comfort Liner is a Genuine CoolMax anti-bacterial fabric; easy removal makes washing and replacement easy.
- Emergency Release Cheek Pads provide easier access and helmet removal during emergency situations.
- Replaceable mouth piece provides excellent roost protection and airflow.
- Shear-away visor screws.
- Effective visor design blocks roost, vents aggressively and mounts securely.
- Fully compatible with all neck braces.
- Stainless steel screens protect all shell openings.
- Titanium 'D' rings and chin strap rivets.
- Exclusive 6D graphics.
- Exceeds ECE and DOT standards.
- Weight: 1,525 grams.
- Three-year limited warranty.
ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension): 6D's revolutionary patent pending ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) represents a fully active, in-helmet suspension and kinetic energy management system.
Proprietary Shell Composition: The ATR-1 shell combines a proprietary woven blend of advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass, and Kevlar to create the perfect ratio of strength to weight. There are no protrusions, sharp edges, or radical fins incorporated into the shell design, which improves rider safety. The ATR-1 shell was designed with one singular goal - to build the safest, most effective off-road helmet possible.
Comfort Liner: The ATR-1's comfort liner consists of more innovative materials and design concepts. Genuine CoolMax anti-bacterial fabric is used for a superior sweat management solution while providing optimum support, comfort and fit. Easy removal makes washing and replacement easy.
Sternum Pad: The ATR-1 incorporates a unique EPU (Expanded Poly Urethane) sternum pad design, which steps down below the nose of the chin bar area. The sternum pad provides a progressive surface for added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum in the event of an accident.
Air-Gap Technology: Two Brow Intakes, Three Eyeport Intakes, Large Mouth Vent Intakes, Two Chinbar Vent Openings / Inner EPS Front-to-Back Air Channels, Large Rear Air-Gap Exhaust Channel, Two Large Lower Exhaust Vents - 6D's exclusive Air-Gap cooling system incorporates 13 interior transfer ports, 8 intake ports, and 5 exhaust ports. The amount of time and energy devoted to moving air through the 6D helmet is second to none. Extensive front-to-back ventilation channels are fed by 3 large upper eyeport intake ports and 2 aggressive brow intake ports. These intake ports, combined with the large mouth vent and chin bar vent openings, channel cool air into the ATR-1's air-gap, flushing hot air and moisture out the rear of the helmet.
Rear Delta Vent: Designed and engineered by aviation experts, Delta Vents assist in the evacuation of air by creating a low-pressure venturi effect upon the external surface of the helmet. Delta Vents aid transfer by scavenging air from within the helmet.
Roost Guard: The contoured roost guard provides additional protection from rocks and roost while accommodating all popular goggles and nose protectors.
Emergency Release Cheek Pads: The simple, yet effective design provides easier access and helmet removal during emergency situations without unnecessary levers or additional parts being manipulated by emergency personnel.
Large Eyeport Opening: Large eyeport opening provides excellent fitment of all popular motocross goggles.
Integrated Visor: Visor mounts flush with integrated recess into the outer shell surface. Large flat area on the visor and crown provide excellent display area for sponsor's logos while complementing overall design and improving safety. Visor design blocks roost, vents aggressively and mounts securely.
Shear-Away Screws: Manufactured of engineered plastic rather than aluminum or titanium, allows the screws to shear more easily in the event of a high-stress impact or snag, improving rider safety.
Perfect Goggle Interface: Integrated traction posts at the eyeport combine with a shell recess to keep your goggle strap properly positioned throughout the entire moto.
Clavicle Cut-Away: The lower chin bar opening is designed to reduce both mass and weight, as well as provide increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength. The ATR-1 is fully compatible with all neck braces.
Fully Adjustable: Fully adjustable to fit your personal riding style.
Bought this helmet after 3 concussions within a year using other brands. This helmet is just amazing. Light, well fitting, and comfortable. Will never buy another brand.