The Sunstar 520SSR O-ring chain (SSR = Standard Sealed Ring) is a heavy duty, long lasting sealed chain that uses only the highest quality rubber O-rings that maintain lubricity, resulting in less friction and the smoothest transfer of power. It is also an extremely strong option for an O-ring chain with a 7,670-pound tensile strength rating and seamless roller and bushing construction. It is constructed with a special heat-treated alloy steel for added strength and life. This great, versatile sealed ring chain is available only in 520 chain pitch for any motorcycle up to 400cc in the natural color option (non-gold) and in pre-cut lengths. It uses clip-type connecting link.
- High quality, durable and long lasting standard O-ring chain recommended for any motorcycle up to 400cc.
- Constructed of special, heat-treated alloy steel for the best possible strength and lifespan.
- O-rings keep the chain well lubricated, resulting in less friction and consistent power transfer.
- Available only in Natural finish.
- Average tensile strength of 7,670 pounds.
- Maximum rated displacement (street / off-road): 400cc / 400cc.
- Weight (per 100 links): 4.08 pounds.
- Includes press fit clip-style master link.
- 120 links.
Note for installing O-ring chains: As O-ring chains are wider than standard roller chains, when fitting an O-ring chain to a motorcycle that was fitted with a non O-ring chain as original equipment, it is essential to check that there is proper clearance of the engine cases near the countershaft sprocket and any other places of close contact. Failure to do so could result in damage to the chain and motorcycle and could ultimately cause the chain to fail.