I ordered two kits, received both with no shipping damage. The first kit went in without a hitch, other than those that the carb design forced. Mikuni has you set the float level with a sighting tube on the machine after running it for a short period. That obviously means you have to remove/replace several times to get it right. The second kit was a different deal. After assembly and installation, I had a devil of a time with the float level setting. After much frustration, lots of remove/replace cycles, I removed the needle and seat for high magnification exam. The seat was perfect. The needle tip was not. There was a small void right at the line where it met the seat and it was allowing a small amount of fuel to leak by, which would not allow the fuel level to stabilize. That carb had set for some time with fuel in it that contained a small amout of water. All our regular gas here has 10% ethanol. Something in the fuel/water/ethanol had corroded the brass seat of the original. The needle tip, however, was fine. So I swapped the new needle with the flaw for the old one and put the new seat in. End of problem.