Renthal's R3-2 O-ring Chain is a high-strength sealed-ring chain with excellent impact load resistance designed specifically to withstand the stress found in off-road applications where an O-ring chain is desired. This chain is the choice where a combination of high strength, light weight and maximum power transfer are important considerations. The O-rings help extend chain life by retaining the special vacuum-injected grease near the critical pin area. Chain comes pre-stretched to shorten break-in period.
- Nitrile O-rings extend chain life by retaining special vacuum-injected grease inside the chain joint.
- Shot-peened alloy steel side plates for high tensile strength and maximum impact load resistance.
- High-carbon alloy steel bearing pins for excellent resistance to wear.
- Gold colored side plates help prevent corrosion.
- Pre-stretched to enhance performance of the chain.
- Available in 520 pitch only.
- Average tensile strength of 7,644 pounds.
- Wear life index: 750.
- Maximum displacement (street / off-road): N/A / 500cc.
- Weight (per 100 links): 3.36 pounds.
- Each chain includes a pair of latex gloves for mess free installation.
- 120 links.
- Note: The Renthal R3-2 chain is supplied with both an easy-fit split master link and a superior solid-pin rivet master link which matches the durability of the chain.
Note for installing O-ring chains: As O-ring chains are wider than standard roller chains, when fitting an O-ring chain to a motorcycle that was fitted with a non O-ring chain as original equipment, it is essential to check that there is proper clearance of the engine cases near the countershaft sprocket and any other places of close contact. Failure to do so could result in damage to the chain and motorcycle and could ultimately cause the chain to fail.