An excellent choice for the most extreme off-road conditions encountered in ATV and/or off-road motorcycle racing, Sunstar's premier sealed Works level chain is the 520XTG (XTG = Xtreme Triple Guard). It features Sunstar's TripleGuard sealed ring technology meaning there are 3 sealing lips and lubrication pools per side of the ring versus a single sided lip that is typical of standard O-rings. This design effectively protects the critical areas of the chain from mud, sand, dirt and the harsh conditions encountered in off-road racing (hence the name Xtreme for extreme conditions) and the chain stays well lubricated for a long duration of use. The XTG is perfect for all ATV's and off-road motorcycles 750cc or less. All components are 100% heat treated and its tensile strength is rated at 8,460 pounds. It's offered in pre-cut lengths and uses a press fit, clip-type connecting link in the gold color option (gold outer plates / natural inners).
- Top of the line ATV and off-road racing chain.
- Features exclusive TG (TripleGuard) sealed-ring technology to guard the chain from sand or dirt entering and causing wear.
- Built specifically for handling the most extreme conditions encountered in ATV and off-road motorcycle racing.
- TG-ring design prevents the loss of lubricant and is deigned to perform in any extreme heat or other course conditions.
- Available only in Gold (gold outer plates / natural inners) finish.
- Average tensile strength of 8,460 pounds.
- Maximum rated displacement (street / off-road): 400cc / 750cc.
- Weight (per 100 links): 3.75 pounds.
- Includes press fit clip-style master link.
- 120 links.
Note for installing X-ring chains: As X-ring chains are wider than standard roller chains, when fitting an X-ring chain to a motorcycle that was fitted with a non O-ring chain as original equipment, it is essential to check that there is proper clearance of the engine cases near the countershaft sprocket and any other places of close contact. Failure to do so could result in damage to the chain and motorcycle and could ultimately cause the chain to fail.