If your toddler can walk, a STRIDER will get your toddler cruising over dirt, grass, and pavement with ease. Designed to be steady, stable, and safe, the STRIDER ST-4 bike is perfect for children from 18 months to 5 years old.
Weighing only 6.7 pounds, the STRIDER™ No-Pedal Balance Bike is designed to be super light for ease of handling by young riders. The bike includes patented frame-integrated footrests for advanced rider development, and the handlebar and saddle height are adjustable for growing children.
- Sealed cartridge bearings are replacing the former cup and cone bearings previously found on the ST-2 and ST-3 models. The new sealed cartridge bearings roll smoothly and are maintenance-free for years of STRIDER riding.
- A new tire tread pattern makes its debut this year. The tread is placed closer together for low rolling resistance on hard surfaces, while still providing multiple knobs for all terrain grip improving STRIDER bike handling and stability.
- A new powder coat finish replaces last year's baked enamel paint. The new coating is longer lasting and provides a more durable finish.
- Black electrodeposited paint on the ST-4 seat post adds scratch resistance, and the quick-release clamps are finished with black anodization. Both enhance the sleek STRIDER look and uniform design.
- New graphics make their debut on the 2013 footrest and handlebar pad, complementing the racing style of the STRIDER ST-4 bike.
- Softer durometer grips for more comfortable feel on toddlers' little hands.
Healthy kids develop essential motor skills early in life. Pediatricians agree that learning balance, coordination with exercise jump-starts a child's growth and development. The ST-4 teaches your child balance, coordination and develops glittering confidence. Trikes and bikes with training wheels don't. Traditional bicycles place too much of the focus on learning to pedal - skimping on developing your child's motor skills.
- Motocross Style Handlebar with Pad - Mini-Grip Handlebar and Mini-Handgrips. 43% smaller diameter than standard grips to better fit a toddler's small hands.
- EVA polymer tire - Featuring a new tread pattern, the custom STRIDER ultra-light wheels use a durable EVA polymer tire that is maintenance-free and never needs air. These wheels are lighter than an air filled tire, meaning the bike is even easier for your child to control. And the best part is you never need to keep air pump handy. The wheels are long lasting and ensure hours, days, and even years of riding!
- Mini Saddle - This ergonomically designed mini-saddle on 220 mm seat post was created just for toddler hips. Smaller, narrower and lighter than a typical saddle, this seat allows for proper riding posture and proper sizing. The weather-proof plastic seat means no rips or tears, and it can take a beating from snow, rain and wind, as it should. The STRIDER is intended for both indoor and outdoor play#33; Quick-Clamps on the ST provide no-tool assembly and easy adjustments.
- LAUNCHPAD™ Footrest - Uniquely integrated into frame and positioned to allow development of advanced riding skills. Beginner STRIDER riders will walk along with their bike, but as they learn to coast and balance, these patented footrests are the perfect and natural place for the youngster to set his / her feet. Advanced riders will ultimately use these footrests to learn to pump and stride - oftentimes, never needing to sit down.
- 6.7 pounds.
- Toddler sized mini-grips.
- Seat height from 11 - 16".
- Quick clamps on handlebar and saddle.
- 12" molded wheel.