Fits wonderfully. Had to exchange for smaller size. Return process was easy and customer service was rapidly responsive.
Shoei Qwest Helmet - Ascend
- 6 Reviews
- 2 Questions
No matter what the ride, where the final destination, or the path chosen to get there, every motorcyclist shares the same common thread when throwing a leg over their machine. It's the exhilarating search for adventure that draws us to the road, and Shoei's all-new QWEST embodies what every rider seeks to experience along the way. Revolutionary noise-reduction technology, unsurpassed long-distance comfort, advanced ventilation performance, a lightweight, balanced fit and feel, and over 50 years of helmet-building experience have combined to deliver the finest touring helmet known to man. The all-new, groundbreaking QWEST - It's your journey, enjoy every mile of it.
- Noise reduction technology: Countless hours in Shoei's in-house wind tunnel have yielded a reduction of wind noise without blocking the road's "informative sounds" thanks to optimal shell aerodynamics, and liner components designed to prevent unwanted road noises from entering through the bottom of the helmet. The result: A maximum 2.2 dB reduction in sound.
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick Release Self-Adjusting) base plate system: Includes a locking mechanism that allows you to do just that in a snap - no tools, no hassle, no problems!. The QRSA maintains its predecessor's easy-to-use features - like the simple shield release and attachment, and shield preset lever - but offers a significant advantage. Shoei's patented new spring-loaded technology featured in the QRSA eliminates the need to adjust base plates for proper sealing. Every time the shield is lowered, the spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back to contact the window beading evenly, ensuring a wind and waterproof seal.
- CW-1 shield: The all-new CW-1 shield is both wider and taller than the CX-IV that it replaces. In addition, the CW-1 shield protects Shoei riders from 99% of the sun's damaging UVA and UVB rays, and the three-dimensional injection-molding process ensures distortion free vision. Another advantage of the CW-1 shield is its ability to work in conjunction with Shoei's optional Pinlock system to deliver fog-free vision in even the most challenging conditions. The new CW-1 Pinlock lens is larger, and offers fog-free viewing to the very top of the helmet's larger eye port.
- AIM+ Shell Construction (Snell M2010-approved): Shoei's proprietary AIM+ technology combines fiberglass with organic fibers that are so strong they can only be cut with a laser. The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently.
- 5 shell sizes: Shoei offers an industry-leading five shell sizes in the new QWEST to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XXS - XXL.
- Shell-integrated spoiler: This new technology has allowed Shoei to incorporate the aerodynamic advantages of a spoiler into the shell of the helmet, while maintaining consistent shell thickness to guarantee proper strength and weight. This shell-integrated spoiler works to reduce lift during high-speed riding, just like the spoiler on a sports car.
- Ventilation performance: Shoei engineers equipped the all-new QWEST with a large lower vent shutter for easier use of riding gloves, a strategically-positioned upper vent for optimal air intake, and uniquely-positioned upper exhaust vents to take better advantage of negative pressure suction - all yielding dramatically-improved cool-air intake and hot-air expulsion.
- Dual-layer EPS liner: Dual layer liner yields enhanced impact absorption by adjusting thickness and density in key areas. Inner liner features air channels for efficient cooling. Impact-absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar.
- Interior comfort system: Equipped with a 3D center pad, fully removable, washable, and replaceable multi-layer cheek pads, and removable chinstrap covers. The 3D center pad components are three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider's head. This 3D fitment allows Shoei to provide a helmet with an extremely comfortable fit, while maintaining the firm hold that is necessary for distraction-free, high-speed riding. The QWEST's multi-layer cheek pads are available in six different thicknesses to allow riders to customize the fit of their new helmet. In addition, the liner features eyeglass channels and an integrated neck pad.
- Chin curtain: Can be inserted into the lower edge of the chin bar to reduce wind turbulence and noise.
- Breath guard: Can be inserted into the upper edge of the chin bar to help reduce fogging by diverted exhausted breath down out the bottom of the helmet.
- Warranty: 5-year warranty from purchase date. 7-year warranty from helmet manufacture date, whichever comes first.
- Snell 2010 and DOT Approved.
Stylish and really nice
Light, comfortable, fits well. Overall a very good helmet.
Came from Icon and thought that helmet was great. But this helmet is so much nicer. Perfect fit for my head and very minimal wind noise. The best part is how light the helmet is! I definitely would recommend this helmet.
Sizing was accurate, the price was a steal and shipping was super fast. Great buy!
Was a little tight at first as any helmet is but other than that helmet fits well breathes excellent and shoei comes through once again