Do you really need a battery tender?
A battery tender is a near requirement in the motorcycle world especially with the technology involved with security systems on newer models which can drain your battery faster. Trust us, there's nothing worse than ending a long week at work with the excitement overload that comes with a ride on your bike only to discover the battery is dead. Bottom line? You're going nowhere fast.
Let's face it, we all want to ride every day of the week but life does have its priorities. Unless you're like us and can work in the industry, excursions are probably scheduled weeks, even months out. And if you live in areas of the country where snow and ice keep your bike dormant for a season then you're going to encounter a dead battery. The fact is the best way to keep your battery charged is to ride your bike regularly but we know that can't always happen.
Prevent a Dead Battery
So prevent a dead bike from ever happening by tending to your battery with the advanced charging system of the Deltran Battery Tender Plus. Worried about overcharging? Fear not, all Deltran Battery Tender chargers correctly charge a battery and automatically switch to maintenance / float mode.
We offer a 6-Volt, and a 12-Volt, which is also available in portable and waterproof versions, with each providing the following must haves to keep your battery in tip-top shape and your bike ready to go:
- Extend the life of your motorcycle's battery with the smart charging brain.
- Four step charging program: initialization, bulk charge, absorption mode, and float mode.
- Battery Tender's 1.25 amp will charge the battery in your motorcycle as fast or faster than any 3 amp charger on the market.
- Provides the optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature.
- The Battery Tender Plus monitors the charge and switches to float charging mode once peak charge is reached.
- Built-in reverse polarity protection.
- Quick connect harness.
- A 10 year warranty.