Arai RX-Q Motorcycle Helmet - The evolutionary next step in Arai Helmet design, designed to be the Ultimate Street Helmet. The Arai RX-Q could also be considered the "Corsair for the Street" as it includes many of the innovative features of the Arai Corsair-V Helmet, albeit at a lower price point.
The Arai RX-Q Helmet has an intermediate oval shape and fits similarly to the Arai Quantum 2 Helmet. The changes in cheek pad structure should allow it to fit a variety of head shapes well.
- More Fresh Air Everywhere: The Arai RXQ Helmet's advance ventilation combines more efficiency with even less interior noise. Arai's ability to further refine proven designs to increase helmet performance proves that you don't have to reinvent the wheel to make substantial improvements. While not very "aggressive" looking, the vents are extremely efficient, flowing huge volumes of air through the interior to improve ventilation at road speeds, not race speeds. Not a lot of vent holes - just the right ones, in the right size, in the right place.
- Extreme Peripheral View: The benefits are better side-to-side visibility and awareness of what's around you, a serious advantage in real-world traffic. The RX-Q uses the same wider-eyeport SAI faceshield as the unequaled Corsair-V race helmet.
- Enhanced Side Exhaust Vents: New, more aerodynamic side exhaust vent cowls are tailored to the needs and speeds of the street compared to the Corsair-V, the Arai RX-Q Helmet's cowlings are larger, more aggressively styled, and more fluted in shape because Arai engineers know lower real-world street speeds require more surface area and a more refined shaping to deliver increased exhaust efficiency along with increased stability. In fact, the lateral stability and performance at street speeds is excellent, with less helmet movement.
- Brow Vent Channeling: The faceshield Brow Vents, like those of the Corsair-V, redirect incoming air to the temples instead of the forehead, and around the ear area (missed by many helmet ventilation systems). The stale air is then extracted out the side exhaust cowls. The airflow over the temple artery reportedly also helps cool the blood flow to the brain area. This simple re-purposing of two existing vent features greatly improves helmet performance and rider comfort.
- Aerodynamics For The Real World: To Arai, aerodynamics are a goal to be achieved without gimmicks, without molded-in shell fad enhancements like ridges or protrusions. In other words, without trading "fashion" for protection - the shell's ultimate job. The result is that the RX-Q takes care of job-one first, then delivers a wind-slicing yet stable platform giving you real-world performance - not just in a straight line in a wind tunnel.
- Extraordinary Comfort and Quiet: Newly-sculpted cheekpad design shape actually cradles your head from underneath for a new level of comfort you have to feel to believe. It has more surface area, and moves away from the typical cheekpad "pressure fit" to a more "comfort fit" based on the design's "cradle" support for the jaws. The result is a more secure fit in a more comfortable package. (Like most Arai innovations, you can expect to see this one copied by the others in the coming years.) The design was influenced by Arai's F-1 drivers, the most demanding of all for ultimate fit. The sculpting also blocks more noise entering the helmet from underneath - the major source of helmet noise - by creating a better noise seal. This, combined with new sound-deadening foam in the cheekpads, gives you an extremely quiet helmet. Plus, the RX-Q has Arai's now-copied Emergency Cheekpad Removal System. All this innovation and benefit from a simple cheekpad. Except that in Arai's world, no part of a helmet is "simple." This unique new cheekpad is nothing short of a marvel, very labor intensive and costly to make. In fact, the design requires 12 separate pieces specifically placed, by hand, by Arai's skilled crafts-people. (Put a price on that).
- Exclusive 5 mm Peel-away Cheekpad Layer: Giving you even more ability to craft the perfect ft and comfort for your face, the cheekpads now feature a 5 mm peel-away layer for added room if needed.
- Exceptional Stability: The uniquely-sculpted Lower Hyper-Ridge, along with the top diffuser, anchors stability. Wind-tunnel designed and tested to not just to work in a straight line like racing helmets, or at racing speeds, but in your real world of constant head-turning. The Hyper-Ridge circles the shell bottom to improve shell strength and lower the center-of-gravity for a very lightweight, balanced feeling on your head. And its larger bottom opening makes for easier on-off without enlarging the helmet size.
- DOT and SNELL M2010 Certified.