Author: Brent Stallo
2012 Bell Moto 9 Legacy Helmet
The new-from-the-ground-up Moto 9 motorcycle helmet
elevates the category with not only improved fit, ventilation and comfort, but added safety features. Bell's new magnetic cheek pad system-the Magnefusion Emergency Release System (MERS)-allows for easy helmet removal in emergency situations. Used in conjunction with the Eject Helmet Removal System-which the Moto 9's liner was specifically designed to accommodate - the two features allow First Responders to gently remove the helmet from a rider's head, reducing the potential for secondary neck or spine injuries.
On a practical basis, MERS allows for easy removal and hand washing of the cheek pads, a useful convenience for keeping the interior clean and grunge-free. A removable, washable comfort liner made from X-Static® - a silver-woven antimicrobial and antibacterial material - wicks moisture away from the head and kills off 99.9% of odor causing bacteria.
Moving outward on the helmet, the Moto-9 features a supped-up version of Bell's Velocity Flow Ventilation system, which literally pulls air through the helmet, keeping the rider cooler. Our Tri Matrix Composite Shell keeps weight low and strength in the right places, while the Flying Bridge Visor is easily adjusted with two hand-in-glove-adjustable QuickFlip screws that firmly hold the visor in place. The patented Magnefusion strap keeper replaces the often hard-to-locate strap snap with an elegant magnetic solution that easily engages and secures the strap end. Bell standards like an integrated, removable roost guard, padded chinstrap with D-ring closure and a five year warranty are all part of the package - as well as a deluxe padded helmet bag and spare color-matched visor. Quite simply the best MX helmet ever.
- Super lightweight Kevlar®/carbon fiber/fiberglass TriMatrix Composite shell.
- Fully adjustable Flying Bridge Visor with air intake vents.
- Velocity Flow Ventilation system for maximum cooling.
- Removable and washable X-Static® silver lined Extended Wear interior.
- Exclusive Magnafusion™ Emergency Removal System (MERS) cheek pads (Patent Pending).
- QuickFlip visor screws for easy adjustment even with gloves on.
- Fully ventilated EPS-lined chinbar.
- Integrated vented roost guard.
- Exclusive Magnafusion-magnetic strap keeper (Patent Pending).
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure.
- Six sizes for a custom fit.
- Includes helmet bag.
- Five-year warranty.
- CERTIFICATION: Snell M2010, DOT.WEIGHT: 1450g.
- The Moto 9 comes in the padded, lined Bell Helmet Bag
Be sure to check out Transworldmx.com's review as well: Bell Moto 9
We also carry many other brands of motorcycle helmets
from arai helmets
, fly helmets
, hjc helmets
, and many more!