Vertex 2-Stroke Piston Kit
As the OE supplier of two-stroke pistons to KTM, Vertex pistons has an outstanding reputation for quality and performance. Each gravity cast piston is created with only premium aluminum alloys utilizing an 12-21% silicon content.
The silicon content in Vertex pistons is crucial to the quality of the piston. Silicon is critical in decreasing thermal expansion which, when an engine reaches normal operating temperatures, can change the geometry of the piston. Controlling this expansion means that a Vertex piston can be run at tighter tolerances for more power, less noise and a longer lifespan of the piston. Plus, the silicon content decreases wear on the piston skirt which also aids in the life of the piston.
In addition to the silicon, each Vertex piston utilizes a unique Molybdenum Disulphide (MOS2) coating which aids in the break-in process and reduces overall wear.
Wiseco Needle Bearings
- With the purchase of a premium quality piston, every Vertex piston kit contains a complete set of nitride coated or chrome plated piston rings, a fully case hardened wrist pin and circlips all at a competitive price.
Cometic Top End Gaskets
- The Wiseco Needle Bearing is a high quality replacement wrist pin bearing designed to withstand the harsh demands of racing.
- Wiseco built their needle bearing to meet or exceed OEM specifications.
- State of the art gaskets is what Cometic has been doing since its inception in 1989. This comes from there dedication of constructing gaskets for the most demanding race circuits like AMA and NASCAR.
- Cometic meets the needs of each specific gasket by using materials to match. Even the basic top end gasket kit features different materials for each gasket. The head gasket is constructed from non-asbestos, flexible graphite that is laminated to a stainless steel core. The manifold and base gaskets are constructed from non-asbestos nitride rubber bound fiber. Cometic also includes copper gaskets where needed.
- Cometic designs and builds their gaskets in the USA.