With so many helmet options available to the motocross and off-road riding and racing communities, SHOEI takes great pride in the fact that more top riders prefer the groundbreaking VFX-W over all others. The absolute pinnacle of off-road helmets, the VFX-W is the result of countless hours of conceptualization, R&D, and testing with the most hard-nosed critics of all, a professional racing team. With top pros like Kevin Windham, Josh Grant, Josh Strang, and Destry Abbott leading the charge, the VFX-W is drenched in state-of-the-art features, and absolutely no stone was left unturned during its development. If you're looking for a new lid to hit the track or trail, look no further.
- AIM+ Shell Construction: Shoei's proprietary AIM+ technology. This process combines fiberglass with organic fibers that are so strong that they can only be cut with a laser. The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently.
- Dual-Layer EPS liner: Dual-layer liner yields enhanced impact absorption by adjusting thickness and density in key areas. Inner liner features air channels for efficient cooling. Impact-absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar.
- V-430 "Sleek" Visor: Developed by Shoei's sponsored riders. Lengthened for additional protection from sun and roost. Adjustment slot lengthened for greater versatility. Plastic hardware is utilized for easier visor breakaway during impact. Includes a matte black strip to reduce glare.
- 3D Max-Dry Liner System: Polyurethane foam pads are three dimensionally formed for a perfect fit. Proprietary synthetic fiber absorbs and exhausts sweat 2X faster than conventional nylon. Liner is removable, adjustable, and washable.
- Emergency Quick Release System (EQRS): Mechanical tabs disengage cheek pads for easy removal by emergency medical personnel. Helmet can be removed with minimum load to rider in emergency situations.
- Ventilation system: Improved air intakes are located in mouthpiece, forehead, and through scoops directing air into EPS liner. Seven exhaust ports dispel hot air from the rear of the helmet. Vent openings are covered by wire mesh to prevent dirt from entering liner.
- "Sleek" mouthpiece: Wire mesh screen helps prevent roost from entering the mouthpiece. A strip of AIM+ shell material reinforces mesh screen and helps to reduce chances of larger intrusions. Sleek mouthpiece directs cooling air through a removable and washable foam filter.
- 5-Year Warranty: 5-year warranty from purchase date. 7-Year warranty from helmet manufacture date. Whichever comes first.
- Snell 2010 and DOT Approved.