I have used this chest protector along with Leatt's GPX Race Neck Brace for a few months now and really like both pieces of gear! The chest protector has some fine tuning adjustments that dial in the fit, and works perfectly with the neck brace, which I wear inside of the neck brace. I am able to wear a cold weather top and jersey under the chest protector, and with some adjustment, a hydration pack. The fit, quality and durability are awesome. Both pieces of gear provide a level of safety I never had with a roost guard I had been relying upon. Leatt has really engineered some quality safey gear!
Leatt Pro Chest Protector
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Questions
Leatt's top-of-the-line chest protector. The Chest Protector PRO has been designed to integrate perfectly with all Leatt neck braces although it works equally well without a neck brace. Exclusive BraceOn elastic strap system attaches the protector to the Leatt brace yet provides independent movement of body, brace and chest protector. Redesigned for 2013 using Leatt's 3DF foam this protector is now the lightest outside worn chest protector (with shoulder and upper arm guards) to pass the two highest levels of CE, front and rear, impact protection.
- The back of protector meets the highest impact CE approval, CE EN 1621-2, Level 2.
- Chest protector impact tested and CE certified to prEN 1621-3 level 2.
- Extremely high impact testing results achieved by use of Leatt's new 3DF foam in front and back.
- Unbelievably light for all that protection at only 2.6 pounds (1150 grams).
- Close fitting allows for over or under the jersey use.
- Made with High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) hard shell outer shield and washable biofoam.
- 7 front and rear venting slots help keep rider cool.
- Adjuster bolts allow for different length both front and back for personalized fit.
- Front and rear removable plates allow brace to fit close to body.
- Adjustable arm and chest straps for great fit.
- Removable shoulder and upper arm guards.
- Fits riders from 54 to 109 kgs (120 - 240 pounds).
I've ridden/raced for 40 years. Also had one of the very first Leatt's offered here in the states.
I purchased this chest protector last month. Extremely well made & VERY comfortable. My No Fear has always flopped around like a fish out of water.
Unfortunately, I had a bad crash (cartwheeled) 2 weeks ago. On the first rotation, scoot hit me square in the back.
Had I not had this chest protector, I strongly suspect my injuries would've been severe. I STRONGLY recommend this product.
good for roost and fits perfect with leatt neck brace
falling apart after first ride.