This back protector is great, very lightweight and so comfortable. This snaps right into place in my Orbiter suit and feels great!!! I have a 34" waist and got the Large (perfect snug fit). The elastic band has a really nice feel and doesn't scratch/pinch any areas in any position. Overall great buy.
Alpinestars Bionic Race Back Protector
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Question
- Ergonomic 5 plate construction contours to the natural curve of the back.
- Plates lock to prevent rear overextension of the back.
- Wide belt with thermoformed protection at the sides.
- Special formulation Impact Absorber gives exceptional impact absorption with minimum thickness and weight.
- Air channeling through the center of the spine for high breathability.
I paid the same price through Motosport.com. It has an elastic waistband with Velcro for ease of putting it on and taking it off. It has a snap (the black one does anyway) at the top, which I suppose some A* and other jackets have, mine doesn't and it isn't an A* jacket. I got the small, as I am a short person and while wearing it it comes from just above my behind to the base of my neck. It is comfortable to wear and really feels like it isn't there. Protection level is CE 2. I love this piece of gear so far. My only real issue is that there is no shoulder straps, which was, for me, hard to tell from the picture. It's reasonably priced, it's light, and overall fit is great. I give it a two thumbs up.