The MotoSport.com Wiseco Top And Bottom End Kit - 2-Stroke includes one of each of the following components with the following attributes:
Wiseco Pro-Lite Piston:
Important note: This piston is for a stock sized bore. Please measure your cylinder to check clearance before ordering.
Wiseco leads the performance aftermarket by producing the highest quality forged pistons in the U.S.A. Wiseco is unique because they forge all of their own pistons in-house, and produce all of their own forge tooling in the U.S.A. This allows Wiseco to control all aspects of their manufacturing process from raw bar to skirt coating on the finished parts.
Wiseco Pro-Lite motorcycle pistons are forged using the highest quality materials available resulting in a piston that provides excellent performance and durability. The Wiseco Pro-Lite piston features a race-ready dome finish with smooth edges for improved combustion flow. The rings, wrist pin, and circlips are manufactured by Wiseco under their strict quality standards to make sure every piston kit fits correctly, ensuring top performance is achieved.
Pro-Lite Piston features:
- Much stronger than stock.
- Tight tolerances for quiet running.
- More hours with peak performance between piston changes.
- All Pro-Lite pistons include rings, wrist pin and circlips.
Extreme racing conditions demand the strength and toughness that only forged pistons can offer. Compared to cast pistons, forgings are tougher and more durable, and will stand up to the abuse that high performance motorsport applications require. Most castings are brittle, have no grain structure and tend to fail catastrophically when the material yield strength is exceeded. Forgings have condensed grain that is aligned to the features of the part, which produces higher mechanical properties, and resistance to impact and fatigue. Each forging is designed to optimize the strength-to-weight ratio, and maximize performance.
Wiseco Complete Crank Kit:
Wiseco Powersports crankshafts feature a double-forged connecting rod made from dedicated forgings. The rods maintain superior strength, durability, and dimensional consistency through improved grain flow. Shot peening eliminates residual stress and oil slots are located to maximize lower rod oiling and extend bearing life. Coated bronze thrust washers have a dimpled design to increase oil retention and reduce stress between the connecting rod, washer, and crank web. Double-drilled small ends provide the piston pin with extra lubrication and cooling, reducing distortion of top end due to thermal transfer from the piston.
Wiseco has designed these crankshafts and connecting rods to work together with their pistons to provide the smoothest rotating assembly possible. Having a complete bottom end that is made of 100% forged material will give you the piece of mind that your motor will be able to withstand any abuse within reason.
Complete Crank Kit features:
- Each kit contains everything you need to complete your rebuild the right way, the first time - crankshaft and connecting rod, all applicable bearings, and complete bottom end gasket kit made to meet or exceed O.E.M.
- Wiseco connecting rods are double-forged from a dedicated forging and feature shot peening, oil slots, and coated bronze thrust washers.
- Bottom end gasket kits are made from premium materials, exceeding O.E.M. standards, to provide exceptional seal between critical mating surfaces.
- Main bearings are manufactured to the highest quality standards; each is case hardened for maximum life and smooth operation at high RPMs.
- Corrosion-resistant surface treatment to prevent corrosion and pitting over long term use or storage; this will add to the life as well the strength of the assembly.
- Top end of rod is bushed for oil retention and eliminates pin galling. The bottom end rod bores are case hardened to 58 - 62 RC to optimize bearing running surface.
- The crank pin bearings are manufactured from the highest quality, hot rolled steel case hardened to 58 - 62 RC to extend the lifetime of the assembly.
- Caged needle roller bearings to provide the highest possible RPM.
Professional racers as well as weekend riders choose these solid kits to reduce failure rates and take advantage of the horsepower and immediate torque a lightweight bottom end can deliver.
Cometic Top End Gasket Kit:
State-of-the-art gaskets is what Cometic has been doing since its inception in 1989. This comes from their dedication to constructing gaskets for the most demanding race circuits like AMA and NASCAR. Today's lightweight engines are producing more horsepower, higher cylinder pressure, clamp load and extreme temperatures. Cometic's commitment is to provide innovative, quality gaskets while maximizing your engine's power and performance.
Cometic meets the needs of each specific gasket by using materials to match. Even the basic top end gasket kit features different materials for each gasket. The head gasket is constructed from non-asbestos, flexible graphite that is laminated to a stainless steel core. The manifold and base gaskets are constructed from non-asbestos nitride rubber-bound fiber. Cometic also includes copper gaskets where needed.
Cometic designs and builds their gaskets in the U.S.A.
Note: Image is for reference only, actual Kit may vary based on contents and fitment.