A little pricey but was delivered on time and had everything needed to get back to riding again!!
Athena Big Bore Gaskets
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Questions
Athena offers the most complete range of gaskets and gasket sets for every make and model of motorcycle, jet-ski, snow-mobile and outboard in the world. The quality of Athena's gaskets replaces and exceeds the seal offered by the original products. Athena's extensive experience gained in supplying most prestigious O.E.M. motorcycle manufacturers has brought to their R&D technicians the skills necessary to make their exclusive high-quality material compounds.
- Replacement top end gasket kit for the Athena Big Bore kit.
- Manufactured in "State-of-the-Art" computer-controlled facilities.
- All gaskets made from the highest quality materials.
- Head gaskets feature rubber-coated spring steel construction.
- Soft steel base gaskets are rubber coated.
- Steel core materials feature high spring-back and superior tensile strength.
- Revolutionary transparent coating guarantees a perfect seal even at extremely high temperatures.
- High-temperature blue silicone beading on most critical flat gaskets.
- All gasket sets meet or exceed O.E.M. specifications.
- Note: Image is for display purposes ONLY and may not represent actual product.
Athena always provides a quality product. I never have concerns that a repair will have to be redone due to poor sealing.
Hey they work
Only reason I would recommend this gasket kit is because you have to use it when using an ATHENA kit with their head design.
*I have used a complete ATHENA kit twice (piston, cyclinder, etc) on our personal race bikes (2008 & 2010 YZ125) -and also installed them for other riders with varying degrees of sucess but nothing better than OEM. I would not recommend this application for a MX racer and have seen limited sucess with GNCC type racing. Talking with other mechanics they have experienced the same things. Love it or hate it, no inbetween.
The trend I have seen is lower rod bearings or thrust washers burn up which also leads to the crank stuffers melting. Yamaha does not sell the nylon OEM crank stuffers seprate which leaves you looking for a new or used crank with good stuffers= $$. Dont get me wrong, the gaskets are fine - it's all of it together that we have had preformance issues with.