For orders of $49.00 or more
Orders over $49.00 will receive free 3-day express shipping. This is a residential delivery service, with deliveries Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 8:00pm.
The AX-8 Dual EVO is an extremely versatile helmet for both on- and off-road use.
The design and the line inevitably recall the AX-8 Model from which it is derived, but additional technical features like the visor and the specific visor mechanism, the chin air vent that can be opened, and the open-able supplementary ventilation on the top guarantee all the performance and comfort of a road model. The new EVO version features several TECHNICAL UPGRADES: a new internal padding with increased thickness for improved comfort and new aluminum peak screws to increase sturdiness. A new shape of the outer shell in the chin area which, combined with a wider and softer base edge compared to the previous model, decreases the risks of impact traumas thanks to its "shock-absorber" function.
The helmet can be configured as follows:
1. SUPERMOTARD / TRAIL version with visor and peak.
2. MOTOCROSS / ENDURO version without visor to be matched with motocross goggles.
3. STREET FIGHTER / NAKED version with visor and without peak.
SHELL The AX-8 Dual is available in 3 outer shell sizes with sizes that run from XXS to XXXL. The outer shell vaunts SSL layering made in Carbon, Kevlar® and fiberglass in order to keep weight low while ensuring the maximum safety.
VENTILATION The integrated IVS ventilation system consists of channels formed directly in the outer shell that ensure more efficacious airflow inside the shell and better aerodynamic performance. The front air vents, the top vents and the chin guard vents permit constant flow of fresh air inside the helmet. The rear extractors carry away all the moist warm air from inside the helmet through the channels in the EPS.
VISOR The new flat DUAL visor in non-scratch, anti-fog polycarbonate recessed into the lower part of the outer shell with a reinforced perimeter vaunts a specific visor mechanism that offers the possibility for personalized visor opening.
INTERNAL PADDING The internal padding in breathable Dry-Lex® material has been provided with sanitizing treatment and is completely removable and washable, including the flap on the strap in order to ensure constantly perfect hygiene inside the helmet. Soft plastic flaps that are easily washable with the use of a brush or a sponge have been used instead of fabric in certain areas whenever off-road use is foreseen. The nose guard and the chin guard are also easily removable.
FUNCTIONALITY / SAFETY The chin vents - which can be easily removed without the use of tools - are interchangeable with those of the AX-8, and have an open / closed position that permits the adjustment of the airflow inside the helmet. The AX-8 Dual peak has been designed to reduce the sail effect during travel to a minimum. The fastening system vaunts DD closing with a double ring.
Fully removable and washable inside padding in Coolmax and Dry-Comfort with hygienic treatment.
Three shell sizes with SSL (Super Super Light) layering made of carbon, Kevlar®, and fiberglass.
Double-D retention system.
IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with a wide channel hollowed directly in the shell for an enhanced air-flow into the helmet and an improved aerodynamic penetration. Five front air vents, two lateral air intakes and two rear extractors.
1. Measure your head size. To do this, pass a tape measure horizontally around your head at a height of about one inch above your eye-brows and across the largest portion of the back of the head.
2. Check your measurement with the helmet sizing chart and select the closest size. As the helmet may not always meet your head size exactly, and your head measurement may fall between two sizes, first try the smaller size.
WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR HELMET
1. Expand the helmet opening by pulling outwards on each chinstrap, and slide your head into the helmet. If you are unfamiliar with helmets you may be reluctant to pull the helmet down, as it may feel too tight. Even if the helmet is difficult to put on, please use the smallest helmet possible. The helmet should feel snug. If the helmet is not tight, it is too big for you. New helmets will break in and loosen slightly over time.
2. Once the helmet is on:
Check that the helmet inner lining fits snugly all around your head.
Check that the top pad presses on the top of your head.
Check that the cheek pads press up against your cheeks. When you open and close your mouth, you should drag your teeth along the inside of your cheeks.
Check to make sure that you cannot easily slide your finger into the helmet along the side of your temple.
Hold the helmet with one hand on each side. Without moving your head, try to move the helmet up and down, and side to side. You should feel the skin of your head and face being pulled as you try to move the helmet. If you can move the helmet around easily, it is too big. Try a smaller size. Please note that during this check, the chinstraps should be properly fastened.