Last's much longer then most aluminum sprockets and looks great.
- 8 Reviews
- Ask a Question
Sunstar is the largest O.E.M. supplier of sprockets and brake rotors in the world. In fact, your motorcycle probably came from the factory with a Sunstar sprocket. Need a reason to choose Sunstar? Every Sunstar product is imbued with superior quality, uses an exclusive heat-treatment and quenching process, is based on advanced research and design, and is sold at an added value price.
- Constructed of high quality, aerospace-grade 7075 T-6 aluminum.
- Computer designed weight reduction holes for the best combination of lightness, strength and stability.
- Exclusive tooth-valley design provides up to a 50% better chain roller contact area for the best power transfer possible.
- A hard anodized coating is applied to provide a super durable finish to an already great sprocket.
- Longest lasting aluminum rear sprocket on today's market.
Exactly what I wanted
Good replacement aluminum sproket
I really like these sprockets for their design, durability and stock appearance. However, until they can provide a "real" silver like Renthal does, my builds will receive the Renthal.
2004 CRF 450R
2008 CRF 450R
2012 CRF 450R
(2) 2006 CRF 450R
Perfect fit. Lightweight. Plus it looks good.
I love Sunstar sprockets. They have been my sprocket of choice for over 10 years. They wear well and are priced right. I know that the "R" product is probably more popular. I have used both and just like Sunstar better.
I race desert & go to the sand dunes & with the proper chain tenstion & lube & chain cleaning after every riding trip you could get hundreds of miles out of the sprocket. I have this sprocket in a 47 tooth on my 2006 YZ450 with a DID o-ring chain & iv gotten a full year and a few hundred miles out of this sprocket.
We needed more low end/mid range power from my son's CR 85RB (expert or big wheel), which had the stock chain and sprockets. The stock setup which is excellent for top end screaming was difficult to use for what we ride, which is tight and technical trails. Since no 'complete kit' on the market was offering the range that we were looking for we bought each piece ala carte.
- Sunline rear sprocket (56 tooth)
- Pro Taper front sprocket (14 tooth)
- Tag sprocket bolt kit
- DID 420NZ3 Gold Chain (126 links)
He loves his new setup. The powerband has shifted to the front and now when he pulls on the throttle he goes. Hill climbs have become much easier and he can even tractor up them with the new found usable power...
His new set up is a 14/56 which is (-1/+1) from stock. The ratio is 4% now which is a change of +9.28% from stock...
There have been no questions asked about the Sunstar Aluminum Rear Sprocket.