The bottle looks amazing with the green color! Not a lime green but not a Forrest green either. It is the perfect blend of green. It's a bit deceiving at first too. Initially you would guess that the green covers 80% of the front of the bottle, when in actuality it probably covers only 35%. Simply incredible! Also, there's oil. It seems to do its job. You know.......... It's oil.
Maxima Fork Oil
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Questions
Maxima Fork Oils are formulated from the highest quality base oils and advanced additives to prevent foaming, seal hardening, oxidation and "stiction". Lubricinol provides for very low sliding friction and protects internal components from wear. Temperature-stable viscosity provides for constant fork action and terrain compliance for the front wheel.
Usage: For all front suspension systems, both standard and cartridge. 5wt fork oil is normal service weight for MX applications. Consult owners manual for specific applications. Can be blended for intermediate viscosities.
- Made from the highest quality base oils and advanced additives to prevent foaming, seal hardening, oxidation and "stiction".
- Lubricinol provides for very low sliding friction and protects internal components from wear.
- SAE viscosity: 5wt, 10wt, 15wt, 20wt.
- Color D 1500: Clear.
- Gravity A.P.I.: 32.8 (5wt), 32.8 (10wt), 32.6 (15wt), 32.4 (20wt).
- Viscosity SUS @ 100F: 82 (5wt), 175 (10wt), 219 (15wt), 330 (20wt).
- Viscosity SUS @ 210F: 40 (5wt), 51 (10wt), 54 (15wt), 64 (20wt).
- Viscosity cSt @ 40C: 16.2 (5wt), 37.4 (10wt), 47.1 (15wt), 71.1 (20wt).
- Viscosity cSt @ 100C: 4.41 (5wt), 7.72 (10wt), 8.49 (15wt), 11.28 (20wt).
- Pour point: -25F (5wt), -10F (10wt), -10F (15wt), -10F (20wt).
- Flash point: 335F (5wt), 395F (10wt), 410F (15wt), 415F (20wt).
- Fire point: 370F (5wt), 435F (10wt), 450F (15wt), 455F (20wt).
- Viscosity index: 202 (5wt), 182 (10wt), 151 (15wt), 151 (20wt).
Caution: Protect from contamination and excessive heat. Dispose per local regulations.
I used to buy this from my local shop, until I found a better price here.
Maxima makes good stuff, it works well, my forks like it ;-)
Great smooth action and holds up well.
(refer to the Yamaha Service manual for recommended weight)