We needed a few parts for the bike and it was cheaper to buy the whole assembly from Motosport.com than just a throttle tube at most places. Used it at RedBud and 5 hours of riding at a FCA MX camp. It handled several good "get offs" and still works great!
Motion Pro Vortex Throttle Tube Assembly
- 21 Reviews
- 16 Questions
Motion Pro has an easy solution for replacing your 2-stroke throttle housing - The Vortex throttle assembly, an O.E.M.-style replacement similar to most late model Japanese MX bikes.
- The Vortex throttle assembly has been constructed out of die-cast aluminum and left with a gray finish and gray rubber mud cover.
- Motion Pro designed the Vortex throttle assembly to fit 7/8" (22 mm) bars.
- A 2-stroke nylon throttle tube is included with the Vortex assembly.
- The throttle tube also features a pop out end for hand guard mounting.
- Notes: The Motion Pro Vortex throttle assembly will fit: 1992 - 2005 Kawasaki KX125/250, 1995 - 2005 Suzuki RM125/250, 1996 - 2010 Yamaha YZ125/250, and 1997 Yamaha WR250Z with stock throttle cables. The 1993 - 2003 Honda CR125, 1990 - 2004 CR250, and 1990 - 2001 CR500 require the Motion Pro Vortex throttle cable (P/N 01-0713; sold separately). Available for many other models by using a Motion Pro cable.
Great replacement over expensive OEM throttle. Even came with the dust cover
Replaced throttle tube assembly on an old 1997 Yamaha RT 180. Worked great. I did however, have to replace the cable with a motion pro cable. Not bad for bikes they don't make parts for anymore.
Easy to install. Looks good (Id rather have black instead of silver however) and functions fairly good. Only withdraw is the dust cover, works great for protection but causes my throttle grip to stick somewhat. Might have to shave down grip for clearance. (where your donut pad goes on grip) Overall happy though.
Replaced an old worn out throttle assembly and cable on a Yamaha RT 180, The throttle tube was a little quicker turn ratio, which is good. Works great. I just wish it came in black.
this throttle workd good and is a nice replacement for the oem
Good throttle. Read carefully... needs the special motion pro cable when used on Honda. Not good to find out the night before a race! DAMHIK!!
Good, inexpensive replacement vs. Oem. The gray dust cover looks cool too.
What an improvement from the worn out stock tube. I made it real slick with some powdered graphite on inside of tube.
Its just about the same thing as OEM but cheaper than buying OEM. Very durable and pretty easy to install. Matched with a new motion pro throttle cable and its unbelievable how easy the throttle is!
I bought this throttle tube assembly after I bent my stock one in a crash. Was really easy to put on and because of the fast shipping from motosport I was back riding the next weekend. The only thing that would be better is if they had different rubber covering colors (It comes in grey)
I have used these for years. I keep a spare with me at the track mounted to a set of bars, grips, clutch perch and lever and a spare brake lever zip tied to the crossbar! It might feel cheap when you first hold it in your hand, but if it lets you finish a weekend of racing you will love this thing.
When these go on sale, buy one and keep it and other parts as a spare. You'll thank me later.
It's a motion pro product, so you know it's going to be good. Works great, good price, great value
Instalation is easy slip the old off and new assembly on. Cable fit in the grooves. assembly fit perfectly and my renthal 7/8ths. fatty bars. Install took 5 min.
part was easy to install had everything i needed even a throttle body to replce my old one. made my throttle response alot better and smoother for my riding.
Had to replace my stock throttle housing when I got my bike apparently they took a nice digger on that side and the housing was cracked and same with the throttle tube... So i jumped on Motosport.com and they had the perfect match for me... Install was a breeze and works like a DREAM!!! and cant go wrong for $37...
This is a great product took 5 min. to install matched perfect and easy to adjust it wherever you need it. Big thaks to Motosport for the best prices and quick shipping!!
good replacement for stock... slides very smooth
* Fits KX125/250 92-05, RM125/250 95-05, YZ125 & 250 96-10, & WR250Z 97 with the stock throttle cables
* For Honda CR125 93-03, CR250 90-04, & CR500 90-01 use with Motion Pro Cable 01-0713 (MOP001V-X001-Y001)