silver removal piece broke on the first link i tried to remove, modified the tool and made it worth something...
- 2 Reviews
- Ask a Question
Motion Pro is dedicated to producing the most versatile, unique and durable products for professional and home use. Motion Pro tools are designed to be simple to use, yet durable enough to withstand the harshest conditions. One of their goals is to offer tools of convenience. Do it right the first time with Motion Pro Tools.
- For breaking 520 to 530 chain.
- For pressing on and off 520 and some 525 clip-type master link side plates.
- Lightweight - 6 ounces including press plates and handle (8 ounces with pouch).
- Will push link pin completely through link / side plate.
- Handle detaches for easy storage. (Reduce the weight even more by using a Motion Pro Metric Multi-Purpose Tool, 8 mm combination wrench, or an 8 mm socket with extension as the handle.)
- Body forged from high-strength 4130 chromoly.
- Body bolt and extractor bolt manufactured from billet high-strength 7075 T-6 aluminum.
- Replaceable pin is heat treated for strength and wear resistance.
- Press plates manufactured from lightweight 6061 T-6 aluminum.
- Custom pouch holds tool securely and includes pocket for extra chain or master links and a large accessory pocket.
- Perfect addition for tool packs.
- Notes: Requires 14 mm wrench or socket to turn push bolt. For use on clip-type master links with press-fit side plates only. Does not rivet master link or chain pins.
In the past this product has received some very poor reviews. We contacted Motion-Pro and they confirmed there had been a production issue which has been addressed. Here is their response:
We had discovered that our factory had mistakenly made the C08-358D U-Shaped Press Plate from 6063-T6 material instead of 66061-T6 as they were spec’d …resulting in about a 30%-40% loss of yield strength (30%-40% easier to bend).
Based on that update we have decided to remove the old reviews as the problem has been addressed and the old, incorrect inventory removed. Thank you for your reviews and as always please contact us with any issues.
There have been no questions asked about the Motion Pro T-6 Chain Tool.