Good fit. Looks good. Seems well built and tough also very light. Instructions could be a little better.
Moose Pro Skid Plate
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Question
Since 1986, Moose Racing has dedicated itself to providing the rider and racer with the highest quality and best performing products available. With thousands of items ranging from racewear to casual apparel to boots and the finest in hard parts and accessories, Moose Racing offers the most comprehensive list of products in the industry to satisfy all of your riding needs.
Moose Racing is proud to introduce a skid plate like no other.
- Made from a flexible high-density polyethylene construction.
- HDPE is an excellent material; a technical plastic which offers many characteristics to protect your bike.
- 6 mm thick for maximum protection of the frame and cases.
- Goes through a thermoforming process and welded.
- 40% lighter than 4 mm aluminum.
- No more vibrating or rattling.
- Mounting hardware and installation instructions included.
This is a thick tough piece of plastic. Fitment was very good and the sides go back to cover the lower side case covers. Used in a 24hr race and it survived without issue. Easy to remove also for cleaning. IMpressed with the product for sure. Works great and fitment was great on 06 crf450r
Got one good ride on this plate and it split right at the bend under water pump area. If they can make it out of one solid peace would be much more durable. I give it 2 stars because I did like the way it glided over rocks and trees before I noticed it split on first ride I was very happy.
The plate seems to be pretty tough. I like that the plastic material slides over obstacles better that aluminum. I also like that the front comes up almost to the engine, blocking mud and debris from entering the space between the engine and plate. My only concern is not knowing how tough the plastic is over time.