Once the oem basket becomes notched, this is the only way to go as far as replacing it.
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Questions
If you are looking for a clutch basket that is race ready, the Hinson Billet Clutch Basket is what you need!
Hinson constructed their Billet Clutch Basket out of aircraft quality T-6 aluminum, with aerospace tolerances and Akadized to increase the wear resistance by five times. With the efficiency of using this aluminum, the Hinson Billet Clutch Basket is able to increase the dissipation of heat within the clutch assembly. This feature produces better performance and increases the life of the clutch. Tight tolerances of the Hinson Billet Clutch Basket keep the clutch spinning more true, eliminating unnecessary friction and lowering the operating temperature of the clutch system. Use the Hinson Billet Clutch Basket in conjunction with the Hinson Pressure Plate and Inner Hub to kill clutch chatter, making your clutch consistent and reliable every ride.
- First aftermarket part to go into a Factory Honda race bike in Jeremy McGrath's record winning CR250R.
- Used by most major factory teams and riders.
- Improves clutch performance and life.
- Improves heat dissipation.
- Precision machined from billet T-6 aircraft-quality aluminum to aerospace tolerances, and hardcoated for five times the wear resistance to stock (with proper maintenance).
- Allows clutch assembly to spin truer creating less heat when clutch is disengaged.
- When used with Hinson Clutch Components pressure plate and inner hub helps eliminate clutch chatter.
- Made in the U.S.A.
I've only had this installed for a couple of months, and so far so good. The hinson basket is a work of art compared to the stock CR basket. Hopefully it will last longer than a year like the stock one.