i ride a 03 gsxr 750. the kit only came with the star. after reading many reviews I was convinced that this would fix all "mis-shifts" (going in neutral between any/all gears) I don't know much about bikes but I was competent enough to install it myself w/ only a few complications. after installion the bike rode fine on the first try but still miss shifts between 4th and 5th gear. my friend said maybe i have a bent shift rod or something but i didn't see anything bent or unusual in there. i would recommend it to a person who doesn't have a 03 gsxr 750. it was at least a good learning experience.
Factory Pro Evo Shift Star Kit
- 5 Reviews
- 1 Question
- Quicker, easier shifts.
- Kit improves the speed at which the gears are engaged during shifting and protects transmission gears and shift forks from damage.
- Lets you shift gears with just a tap of the lever and twitch of the throttle.
- All kits include Factory's Shift Star. Depending on the application, kit will also include one or more of the following: microbearing detent shift arm, heavy-duty shift spring and the appropriate gaskets.
- Used by many AMA, CCS and WERA teams.
- 00-09 Hayabusa kits do not come with shift arms, but utilize existing OEM shift arms
- Note: Installation requires clutch assembly removal. Some bikes may also require chain and water pump removal for installation.
I am not mechanically inclined, so I had a professional mechanic install this for me. (costs a bit more, but I have the guarantee that it was installed properly)
Missed shifts are now a rarity with my bike. And shifting now feels more like pressing a button in an arcade game than trying to shift heavy, slow gears.
The stiffer spring and modified shift star will result in less movement required to shift gears. Meaning quicker shift times. That's always a plus!
Its not the easiest install but one of the best to help save your bike
I would GREATLY recommend this product!!! If you shift hard, drag race, or even track it get this product! Never again have I missed shifted since I installed this product. Wasn't hard to install if your mechanically inclined... I shift into 2nd gear at 12k rpm no prob! Motosport has great pricing.
Motosport is the cheapest place I could find for this shift star. My bike (2005 ZX-6R) lost second gear due to missed shifts. When I replaced the gear I installed the Evo Shift Star Kit for insurance.... I have not missed one shift so far.
Missed shifts cause transmission failures... If you own a sport bike this is cheap transmission insurance and a must have!
and 97-03, GSXR600 01-08 would include the star only (Detent arm and spring not included). The image is a generic image supplied by the manufacturer for reference only. It may not be displaying the exact part for your bike. Just be sure to correctly select the Year/Make/Model of your bike before ordering so we can be sure to send you the correct kit for your bike. Also, feel free to give us a call at 888-676-8853 and we would be happy to help you out with your order.