Web Development Engineer
MotoSport.com is the Portland-area motorcycle and power sports division of a national ecommerce company, dominating all areas of outdoor sports. MotoSport.com specializes in online retail of motorcycle parts, gear and accessories for both the on-road and off-road motorcycle markets. Portland is one of the top cities in the country for web development talent to work while still maintaining enough of a balance to have an active personal life, too, and MotoSport is a great fit for this area. We've got quite a few power sports and general outdoor sports enthusiasts on staff, and see huge growth potential in the near term. Our offices are also conveniently located in Tualatin.
We offer a great benefits package including health insurance, paid vacations, and a generous Employee Discount on your parts and gear, too!
We're looking for people to join our team and take our game to the next level!
Web Development Engineer
- Building web pages and widgets using Object Oriented PHP on MotoSport.com and our other sports and outdoor-oriented ecommerce web sites, as well as our Fantasy League site;
- Development on current LAMP stack, as well as next-generation replatform-related software design and development. Working with REST Service API's.
- Partnering and meeting regularly with our technology and business teams to deliver the right solution and experience to our partners and customers;
- Being a project team member and having the opportunity to be a project leader on exciting technology projects;
- Learning and understanding how to measure your project's success through analytics;
- Using your skills to expand our mobile and social presences.
- Web Development experience with PHP is required, object oriented PHP is desired;
- Degrees in Computer Science and/or Software Development count as experience;
- Creativity and willingness to learn;
- Desire to get the job done and have fun doing it.
For consideration e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org reference the job title and #14-2013 in the subject line. We're looking forward to meeting you!
Back to Top
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced for a Database Developer to join a team of superstars in the Data and Applications Group. We are looking for a motivated individual with Microsoft SQL Server and PHP programming experience, with a burning desire to learn, grow and achieve.
Working in the Data and Applications Group, the Database Developer will service the critical information needs across the organization. In this highly visible position, you will work with various team members from different departments across the whole organization. In order to succeed, you will need to be comfortable juggling several projects at once and handle the occasional quick turnaround. You will build tools and reports that support the business objectives.
- Creates complex analytic queries on large data sets.
- Creates stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
- Generates code to extract, transform and load data from production data sources to the data warehouse.
- Performance tuning of key queries.
- Creates tools and reports that support other business groups' processes.
- Maintains product data through Adobe Merchandising and other vendor feeds.
- 2 years of experience in a database development role
- Recent experience with SQL Server 2005/2000
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equal job experience
- Knowledge of principles of database design, data acquisition and data access analysis and design
- Knowledge of stored procedure writing, query optimization, and indexes
- Strong communication skills a must
- Knowledge of Excel 2007/2010
- Other required skills: PHP programming, windows server, Linux, Unix
- Knowledge of MySQL and or PostgreSQL is a plus.
For consideration e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com reference the job title and #19-2013 in the subject line. We're looking forward to meeting you!
Back to Top