not a bad lock for the money. quick and easy
- 2 Reviews
- Ask a Question
Storage space is a rare commodity on a motorbike or scooter and yet it always needs securing against theft and unauthorized use. Which is the best sort of lock for a motorcyclist to carry for normal use? Brake disc locks are a practical solution for many motorbikes. They are very compact, light and thus easy to transport. If your vehicle is to be parked for a long time in a place where there is a high risk of theft, combining the lock with a chain is recommended to prevent the motorbike from being carried away.
Brake disk locks are a very compact category of motorbike locks and consequently easy to transport. To increase the security during longer parking time it is recommended to additionally secure the motorbike to a fixed object.
- 5 mm steel bolt.
- Easy handling due to "push down" cylinder where the bolt is moved in the locking process automatically.
- The bolt is made of special hardened steel.
- ABUS quality cylinder.
- Two keys are supplied with the lock.
- A memory cable as reminder to prevent an unintended ride off with the bike still locked is included.
- Protective bag included for easy and secure transportation in a special compartment, e.g. under the seat.
- Basic protection at low theft risk.
- Recommended for securing light motorbikes and scooters.
- Technical details: 5 mm / 60 mm.
- Weight: 500 grams.
Fit well, easy to put on and take off. Not too big. I like the yellow color because it is easy to see when on bike.
There have been no questions asked about the Abus Element 285 Disc Lock.