great boot AFTER break-in time (2-3 rides) boots pinch and bite for the first few times wearing but after that there your best friends...!
- 17 Reviews
- 3 Questions
- Sizing Chart
The latest incarnation of the Tech 8 uses premium materials and innovative design features to create a lightweight boot with unrivaled levels of safety and performance. A unique inner ankle sleeve enhances comfort and fit when riding, while integrated high modulus TPU plates protect you from whatever the trail can throw at you.
Evolution improves the breed
- Innovative design and the use of advanced material compounds have resulted in a 15% weight reduction from the previous version.
- Upper constructed with a combination of lightweight, Hi-tech Microfiber and leather for the optimum combination of durability, abrasion and tear resistance.
- Alpinestars unique inner ankle sleeve is constructed from leather with 3D mesh panels and incorporates adjustable shock absorbing gel inserts on the ankles and a removable anatomic footbed for enhanced comfort, fit and protection on the ankle and lower leg.
- Alpinestars exclusive fully replaceable, high grip, dual-density rubber outsole. Class leading protection and performance
- Contoured shin and calf plate is injected with high modulus TPU for superior impact resistance and is perforated to increase ventilation.
- Extended, internal protection plates are also made of injected TPU and guard the ankle and lower foot, as well as the toe-box area.
- Contoured tempered steel shank is over injected inside the mid-sole assembly for rider safety and support.
- Stamped steel toe and heel guard. Precision and comfort
- Dual sliding blade mechanisms on the front and rear of the boot offer progressive resistance to fore and aft movement for enhanced comfort and control straight out of the box.
- Low profile toe for improved control and sensitiveness in the shift area.
- New ergonomic ankle construction means no break-in is required for comfortable riding.
- Full-length, sculpted rubber panel on the inner side of the boot gives superb grip against the bike and is insulated with aluminum foil for improved heat resistance.
- Instep and Achilles flex zones for superior comfort, control and support.
- Revised closure system features 4 new self-aligning, quick release aluminum buckles with memory adjustment for precise closure.
- Top and bottom reverse closure design provides superior impact security and improved fit.
- Replaceable kick starter protection insert located on the right boot.
- Soft, TPU gaiter provides an effective seal around the top of the boot, preventing excessive water and dirt entry.
- Breathable 3D tech mesh lining reduces heat buildup and improves comfort.
- The TECH 8 Light boot is CE certified.
Same as last reviewer; the rubber patch that has small allen heads popped thru and I just took it off... Also the metal toe protector has come loose and needed to be pounded back into shape. A few of the straps are hard to click in and out. I need to call Motorsport and send them back since I am healing a femur break at the moment.... Great boots though!
I've had these boots for 7 months and they're already showing alot of wear. The kick starter plate on the right boot popped out over the top screw and the screw won't come out as the backing plate is spinning freely between the boots liner and outer shell. They're under the 1 year warranty but for warranty work you're out a pair of boots for 1-2 weeks. Another friend has them and one of the straps the buckle hooks into is falling apart. He's had his for a year. Wish I would have gone with the Tech 10's, Sidi, or Fox Instinct from the start.
Not my style but my husband loves these boots.
Alpinestars always seem to make a great product. They certainly didn't slack on the Tech 8's. Go get a pair. You'll love em!!!
These are my second pair of Tech 8 Lights, and my first pair held up very well. The soles are much improved over previous years, and lasted twice as long as my previous Tech 8 boots. I like the Tech 8 boots over other boots due to fit and feel when I'm riding & racing!
No break in time. Awesome fit.
I have owned ony Alpinestar boots, the reason for this is that I put them on and can wear them all day with confort ride with confidence. I have not ridden in this pair of boots yet but knowing the reputation and my past experience with the boot I know for a fact I will not be dissapointed.
Very good fit not so worried about over clearing
rubber on the inside of right boot is already tore at crease where ankle bends. no crashes or footpegs caused this. and they cost 450. not sure if I will buy alpinestars again. they aren't like they used to be 10 years ago.
This is the best boot I have ever owned. Comfortable from day one and lighter than my last boot.
Been using Tech 8 since 2007. The new "Lightweight is worth the extra $ for the weight loss. Less fatigue,since I race 2 hours.
I have about ten rides on these boots and they already have a hole ripped on the inside of the right boot from my foot peg from kick starting my bike. The worst part is that on that same boot the buckle receiver by the ankle ripped off along the stitching, making the whole strap useless. overall they have not held up well. my old style tech 8 boots lasted me 2 years, these are not like the old tech 8s at all. alpinestar is going to look at my damaged boots and they have great customer service but I should not have to deal with these problems with brand new boots so soon.
This is my second pair of Tech 8s, the first pair lasted 10 (yes 10) years. I liked the older bootie a little better because it was easier to get back into the boot than the new ankle-and-last style. The old bootie also gave the boots a more plush feel than the new style. Not sure why these are called "light", the weight feels identical to my 2002 pair (I didn't put them on a scale to weigh them though). A nit about the old boots is that the white plastic yellows and disintegrates over time.
I brought my new pair on a 2 week riding trip to the San Rafael swell area in UT. They broke in quickly and were pretty comfortable right away. Even on my last day and after +1200 miles, they were still very comfortable. The new buckles snap down nicely, but I did need to pry a couple of them open at the end of the day a couple times after getting stuck in quicksand earlier in the day. Probably not something many of you will worry about!
The boots fit great, and unlike my other boots they are easier to unsnap and snap on my feet.I did have a problem with one of the buckles coming apart from the boot but motosport gave me the info to alpinestar and they fixed them at no charge or problems.I am very happy with this product.
Fits true to my gym shoe size. I thought they where real snug just out of the box. They do loosen up slightly with use. Within 5 seconds after letting the clutch out I forgot I had them on. Excellent ankle protction, light weight. After having then on for 6 + hours my feet are still comfortable. The top of the boot doesn't seal great (but my knee pads fit down in) I do get some dirt in them once in awhile and my one foot got a little wet on a really wet muddy day. Thats life.
The Tech 10 and Tech 8 boots have been awesome for me, but for enduro's I don't like the weight of the Tech 10's. So I was excited about these boots. They look really sharp, the buckles are smooth. The sizing is strange. I'm 6'3" and about 205lbs and the boots have a large gap at the top of the boot. Way to easy for water or something to go in. Its the cut of the boot, doesn't matter how you tighten the straps. They are light weight.
Also, the instep plastic caught on my foot pegs and ripped through the hex bolt. I had to buy some longer bolts with a washer to try and keep the piece of plastic on. See attached photo.
I contacted motosport and alpinestars about returning the boots and the motosport support was 1st rate. Alpinestars just told me to fix the boots myself by taking the bolts off. Not a good fix as the included bolts would just pull through the plastic again. Good quality boots? I don't know.. I'll find out.
No boot will be completely water proof. Alpinestars does make a Tech 7 Enduro boot which we would suggest for your needs.