I bought these in 2007 and have used them as my primary street boots since then. I also used them on the track until I got a more serious pair of boots that were more appropriate for the speeds of the track. That being said, I am very fond of these boots. They still are kicking 8 years after I bought them. They show their age, but I have replaced the toe sliders a few times, and they are still super comfortable and have broken in very well. I crashed in them 2 or 3 times, and they are no worse for the wear. In a head-over-heels 60 foot tumble I took down the road, I had no injuries below the knees, even though I suffered at least 2 direct strikes to the heel/achilles area. Are there more protective boots available? Sure. I had a few sets of legit track boots by Sidi and Heroic, but none were as affordable as these SMX-5 boots. Velcro is still good, stitches and seams are intact. The soles are a little worn in the heel areas but have plenty of life left. Definitely a great pair of footwear, I actually looks forward to putting them on. Old reliable.
- 9 Reviews
- 4 Questions
- Sizing Chart
Alpinestars mashes racing performance with everyday style and comfort with the S-MX 5 boots. The Alpinestars S-MX 5 boots obtain features from their race boots like the double-injected polyurethane shields in the shin, ankle, calf, toe and heel areas to provides great impact protection.
- The micro-fiber upper construction is high-tech and durable and engineered for a high level of flexibility.
- Alpinestars brings protection to the inside with a double injected panel that is connected to the heel counter and runs up the out ankle.
- Adding protection allowed Alpinestars to achieve CE certification.
- Ventilation has been strategically placed throughout the boots at the ankle, heel, and forefoot that allow fresh air to infiltrate built up stagnant air.
- The large front instep and Achilles flex bellows keep the boots flexible for easy control operation.
- The sole uses an exclusive compound rubber that has structured shank reinforcement to add support to the arch area of the boots.
- Dragging your toes in the corner happens, which is why Alpinestars made the protective toe piece to easily be replaced on these boots.
- Alpinestars uses a quick drying polyamide lining that is laminated with open cell foam and high density contoured padding to absorb shock to the foot area.
- To keep the boots performing at their best, Alpinestars incorporated a MTP mesh liner and an anatomical, removable, polyurethane foam foot bed that will keep your feet cool and comfy.
- Slipping your feet into the boots is a cinch with their innovative inner side entry system that features an elastic mounted zipper with an extra wide VELCRO brand hook-and-loop flap.
I've put about 1000miles on these and so far they are amazing, no break in time at all, flow air nicely, and surprisingly riding in rain hasn't been to much of an issue either.
There has been days where I wear these the whole day walking around and feet never got to swore or anything.
I wear on average a size 10.5, and got the Euro size 45. They fit good but I could probably have gone with a 44 comfortably.
Make sure you try these on as the fit appears to be off on this series of boots
These boots are comfortable enough to not have to bring an extra pair of shoes everywhere you ride. They look stylish and work well both over or under the pant. They work well in both damp and dry weather! Overall great boots and well-worth the price tag.
As soon as I pulled these out of the official Alpinestars box I was surprised, as they looked like cheap knock offs. The toe sliders were over sprayed with paint and lacked the detail you would expect for a boot of this brand and price point. I have ordered several Alpinestars boots over the years and have always been pleased but everything was off about these boots. The fit was at least a size off (and I know my size in Alpinestars exactly). So much was bad I returned them immediately and I hope that I just got a defective pair, otherwise, there are some serious issues with the quality of the products coming from Alpinestars.
I truly like to boots I purchased. Due to the weather my husband has only been able to wear them around the house. The fit it great, he says they are very very comfortable. The style is amazing and the colors really pop and stand out.
I just got my new boots a couple days ago and just got the chance to use them. 50 miles right out of the box and my feet feel great! They are a little stiff, as a new quality boot will be, but not uncomfortable. I chose Alpinestars because I have had a great experience with my Alpinestar MX boots. They live up to their name in fit, comfort and style. I ride a VXSCR Street Rod and it feels like the boots were made just for me and my ride. Well worth the money!
I love Alpinestar boots, These I use for street rides and swithct to Tech 3 for Daul sport rides.
These boots are super comfortable and true to size. Without having to break them in, I used them 4th of July weekend at New Jersey Motorsports Park and could not even tell I was wearing new boots. I am not to sure about durability being that I didn't crash, and have not had them long but they feel like a solid boot with good protection. I would definatly recommend this product, great price too.