This filter allows for massive airflow but can let a great amount of particulates into your engine during normal street use. Great in a track bike, asking for long term issues on daily drivers.
BMC Air Filter - Race
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Questions
Alongside standard filters, BMC has produced a race version for the most important bike models. These filters have the same shape as the standard version but with a different filtering body designed to take in more air than other air intake systems, but without compromising its filtering properties. BMC RACE filters are for people who are not satisfied with the standard performance of the bike and want to improve the engine by upgrading other bike parts. With this filter they can find the best balance for a bike aiming for the top. BMC RACE filters are identified by an orange line inside the filtering body.
- BMC air filters are produced using a "Full Moulding" system that enables the characteristic red filter to be realized from a single mold with no welded joints thus avoiding easy breakage.
- The rubber used in BMC air filtering systems has a long life, is very durable and has optimum adhesion characteristics to all shapes of airboxes.
- BMC filters are made of a multi-layered cotton gauze soaked with low viscosity oil covered with an epoxy coated alloy mesh to ensure protection from fuel fumes and oxidization due to humidity.
- All BMC air filters are pre-oiled, and they can be washed and regenerated by using the appropriate BMC regeneration kit (sold separately).
- Race filters increase air flow by 25% over standard BMC filters.
- Note: Race filters are recommended for track use ONLY.
Put this in my race bike. Along with a Holeshot Performance exhaust and PowerCommander, I saw a beautiful jump in HP and much more smooth. Haven't done anything to the filter other than cleaning it since I bought it in 2007. Still works great.
RACE filter: The difference between standard and race lies in the “filtering package”, making the air passage to engine concept even more extreme: the RACE filter has an even greater air breathing capacity compared to the standard one and its installation is only, exclusively advised for motorbikes used on a race track as carburetion or injection could be weak (for carburetion the air quantity present in the mixture is greater than the quantity considered necessary, while for injection, despite the modern gearcase capacity to adapt itself within certain ranges, at times the excessive air increase is not handled correctly by the gearcase itself).To avoid problems of this kind and recover the right stoichiometric air/petrol relations, you need to increase petrol capacity. To do this, you normally use a gearcase, remapped or replacing the original. Otherwise for carburetion motor bikes you can have additional carburetion kits.
RACE filters have the words “RACE” on their recognition code (e.g. FM 482/08 RACE) and a yellow line inside the filtering package making them easily recognisable.
Also, feel free to give us a call at 888-676-8853 and we would be happy to help you out with your order.