The unit was very easy to install on my 2003 GSXR600 maybe 20 minutes, the bike picks up a lot quicker now, smoother power, bike starts up and idles a lot smoother as well. Great product highly recommended.
Dynojet Power Commander 5
- 27 Reviews
- 32 Questions
Please double check your selection prior to placing your order, as this item is NOT eligible for return. Please see our full list of return restrictions.
The New Power Commander V is loaded with tons of new features.
- Dynojet Power Commanders are one of the most efficient ways to get more power and performance out of your motorcycle with a reasonable price.
- The Dynojet Power Commander 5 is less than half the size of the older Power Commander 3 making it easier to install and find a place for it.
- The Dynojet Power Commander 5 is powered straight by the USB computer connection, no longer requiring a 9-volt adapter to program it to your motorcycle.
- A two-position map switching function is built-in for maximum flexibility in tuning, however the map switch is NOT included.
- Dynojet added a gear / speed input function on the Power Commander 5 allowing for map adjustments based upon gear and speed for maximum performance.
- An analog input allows users to install any 0 - 5 volt sensor and build an adjustable table based on its input such as boost or temperature, making the Dynojet Power Commander far superior to anything else available.
- With each gear position input connected, the Dynojet Power Commander 5 is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear so that on a 4-cylinder motorcycle with a 6-speed transmission there could be 24 possible fuel tables allowing for maximum fuel to air mixture range.
- For 8 injector motorcycles, the Dynojet Power Commander 5 has an increased capacity for adjustments going from -100/+100% up to -100/+250% for maximum fuel range.
- The Dynojet Power Commander 5 has an enhanced 'accel pump utility' which increases the sensitivity range for maximum performance.
Only rEason it didn't recieve all 5 stars is the directions don't exactly tell you where the lower injectors are and there are no maps for high altitude
Other than that it is great
You feel a big difference in throttle response and power.
I have a 2006 ZX14 that I recently removed the secondary throttle plates on. This was a must for the increased air at lower RPM and also helped with decal popping. The install was straight forward and came with instructions on how to do everything from removal of fenders to uploading maps. On power commanders website there's software that must be uploaded to a computer to transfer the fuel map/trim to the module
I'm not one to really write reviews, but I had to on this one. I made mods to my bike gradually; changed the stock muffler, installed a M4 y-pipe, and then finally put in this PC5. After changing the muffler, I didn't notice much difference in performance. However, after I installed the cat eliminator, my bike ran horribly. I lost a lot of power in the high and low ends. On deceleration, it was popping and just didn't have the feel I liked. THEN, I installed the PC5 and sent it the map for the Olson mid-pipe... OMG! TOTAL 100% improvement! The PC5 straighten out everything and my bike is back to being Bae! I also installed the Graves block-off plates and those took care of the few minute pops left after the PC5 install. I would definitely recommend this if you're making exhaust or air mods.
Our 03 Honda CBR 600 F4i is stock with an add-in exhaust. You could tell by the smell and lumpy idle that it was running to rich. We installed the Power commander, which by the way was a very easy straight forward install and you could tell at the first startup it was better. My son noticed on the first ride that the throttle response and power curve improved. We are very happy with this product.
I bought the Power Commander for the sole purpose of better control of my throttle during riding, and it sure does deliver. There is no more jerky movements below 4000rpm on my FZ1. It also pumps extra horsepower to your bike when you tune it to the right settings.
Installation and instructions were simple to follow, and easy to install. Once installed, I pushed the corresponding map to my Gixxer, and away I went. Instantly I noticed a difference in power on the bike. It smoothed out the transition at 6000 that the gixxer1k's are known for, and the software is easy to understand.
I have a 2014 FZ-09, which at the time of install, was stock except for a K&N air filter. I had the factory ECU re-flash which basically updated the map to the 2015 spec. That helped the herky jerky throttle a little bit, but not a lot. After installing the PC5, I can tell you that the first 1/4 throttle transition is 100% improved over stock as far as rideability. From there up, throttle response still feels like the triple that made us buy the bike to begin with, and roll-on response at freeway speed is also crisper.
Installation is minor surgery with the need to remove the fuel tank and airbox, and squeeze your big digits into tight spaces. If in doubt, have it professionally done.
I highly recommend the PC5 for the FZ-09.
I bought the PCV with one thought in mind...power. This thing totally puts out, and I can adjust different settings on my bike through a laptop. Upgrading something on your bike, just find the map and upload it. This is so easy a caveman can do it. Nothing can be substituted for this module.
A little hp at the top and a whole lot below. Some need to know this is mainly for fuelling and doesn't just add 10hp at the top..which is optimistic anyhow. Quality product
Omg !!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it you must have one on a 2006 hayabusa it wakes this bike up
Not too bad of a product. There aren't a ton of choices in this department either. Most people either have these or Bazzaz Zfi's. If you can do basic maintenance on your bike and dont mind removing fairings you should be ok. On my 04 cbr it was a little trickier as the injectors were on the bottom under the gas tank, so I had to have a little help and it was a tight fit. Helped even out a rough idle. You really should finish the set and then get your bike tuned however. Mine runs a little rich now.
The PCV is a must have if you want to get the full potential out of your bike. I have had many sport bikes and a power commander & and full exhaust, race filter is the ticket to happiness in my opinion.
Easy to install, Easy to operate, Great benefit is the right map is used for your bike/setup.
Really helps to get the true power gains from all aftermarket parts. Makes each bike feel like one of a kind.
Awesome really more than i expected you notice the difference right away.
Its easy to install i got alittle confuse at first! but onces it on and have a good mountin spot on frame its awesome! when you have the right map for your bike and for the mods you have it gives it all the power you have been missing out on prettty much! if you hvae a chance to get your bike dynoed while installing i would defianlty do it and get all the hp you can out of it and it will help a bunch!
If you have a 2012 R1 don't buy this product... Does not work...