Vance and Hines made this so easy to install, even an amateur can do it. It took longer to program the modes(values even supplied by V&H website) than it did to actually install and route the product. I am very pleased to add this along with V&H big radius 2 into 2 and the V&H VO2 air intake setup. Took a total of about 3 hours to install all 3 products from start to finish. The sound is amazing, even better at half to W.O.T. Totally worth the price and the turning of peoples heads as they hear you roar past them!!!
Vance & Hines Fuel Pak
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Questions
Please double check your selection prior to placing your order, as this item is NOT eligible for return. Please see our full list of return restrictions.
Installing a performance exhaust system is only your first step. Now, you need fuel management. You need Fuelpak.
Your fuel-injected motorcycle is equipped with an ECU (electronic control unit) that's programmed to deliver fuel to the motor based on an air / fuel ratio for a stock air filter and stock exhaust system. While the ECU can self-adjust for environmental factors such as temperature and altitude, it can't adjust for mechanical changes like adding performance parts. When you install a performance exhaust system, your airflow changes, so you need a fuel management system that adjusts your air / fuel ratio to match the changes. That fuel management system is Fuelpak. The perfect combination with your performance exhaust system.
- LCD version Fuelpak features finer mapping resolution for greater tuning precision along with improved software to minimize deceleration popping.
- Throttle position sensor-based system simplifies the process of fuel-injection tuning.
- Enables you to fine-tune the fuel mixture throughout the entire RPM range with the touch of a button.
- Increases power and improves throttle response.
- Very user friendly; plugs into the existing harness on the bike.
- No computer or software is required, simply punch in the values supplied with the Fuelpak.
- Values supplied are for use with Vance & Hines exhaust systems.
- Includes all necessary mounting hardware.
- Notes: Fuelpak maps are optimized to run on high-flow air filters, but will also run on stock models. When using a stock air filter, your bike may run slightly rich until you upgrade to a high-flow air filter. Not legal for sale or use on pollution-controlled vehicles. Fuelpak will also work with other exhaust systems (contact V&H tech support for tuning information).
Ahead of the competition, Fuelpak is the most advanced system of its type. Nothing will compare. As most riders know, your stock air / fuel ratio runs just slightly lean, however, when you install an aftermarket exhaust, that ratio changes, becoming even leaner. Unlike other fuel management systems that can only add fuel, Fuelpak adds and takes away fuel, allowing for a more precise range of refinement in your air / fuel ratio. Designed and manufactured entirely in-house, the V&H technical staff is constantly at work developing custom fuel maps for popular brands.
Don't settle for a system that is difficult to install. After all, you want to focus on what you enjoy most - riding. When the V&H engineering staff designed Fuelpak, the focus was on making installation and use as simple as possible. Fuelpak plugs directly into the factory wiring harness and ECU using a t-tap and O.E.M.-style connectors to stay fastened securely to your bike. Fuelpak fits so discreetly that, with the exception of the improved throttle response and ridability, you won't even know it's there. And should you ever remove Fuelpak, your motorcycle will return to operating at its original factory settings.
No computers needed, no need to tune on a dyno. Vance & Hines did all the hard work for you. Once the Fuelpak is installed, locate your fuel map from the setting chart provided or look it up on the V&H website. Next, with the ignition turned on, enter the values for your specific map directly into Fuelpak and calibrate your TPS (throttle position sensor). Finally, shut off the ignition, put the cover back on and you're ready to ride. That's the beauty of Fuelpak, you don't need to use a computer or tune on a dyno because the settings you enter are the result of V&H's extensive dyno and road testing to find the ideal fuel map for your motorcycle.
2007, fxdl,96 cdi, with Vance and Hines pipes, and new air cleaner, Response in power , in, low, mid range, and top end improves 20 percent or more over stock. very highley recomended, Stan, Big Island , Hawaii. Easy instructions. One hour instalation.!!!!!!!!!
this is a great product super easy to install and easy to calibrate.