Superlite is way better then supersprox. I use superlite on my R6 and my Ninja. This sprocket can take any type of abuse, and still looks good.
Superlite 520 Sprocket And Chain Kit - Quick Acceleration
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Questions
The Superlite 520 Sprocket And Chain Kit - Quick Acceleration includes ONE Steel Countershaft (Front) Sprocket, ONE Steel Rear Sprocket, and your choice of ONE Premium 520 Drive Chain, each with the following features:
Superlite Series Sprocket And Chain Kits are complete with high-quality, lightweight chromoly steel sprockets and your choice of premium D.I.D brand chains. They make a great looking and great performing replacement chain set!
Sprockets / Chainwheels Included:
Superlite Steel Front Sprocket:
- Superlite brand front sprockets are manufactured to be the lightest and strongest countershaft sprockets available today.
- Case-hardened SCM435 heat treated chromoly-steel for maximum strength and durability.
- All front sprockets are drilled and lightened for less rotating weight and great looks.
- Extremely strong front sprockets and race tested on bikes with well over 200 HP.
- Steel sprocket with one less tooth versus stock.
Superlite RS7 Series Steel Rear Sprocket:
- Designed from MotoGP technology.
- New and improved tooth design for better contact and longevity.
- CNC-machined recessed face for a 20% weight savings over the standard design and the Supersprox Tri-Metal rear.
- The unique spoke design offers superior strength with maximum weight reduction.
- The lightest and strongest 520 steel sprocket on the market today.
- Meets and / or exceeds O.E.M. specs and offer a perfect fit.
- Steel sprocket with one more tooth versus stock.
Your Choice of Drive Chain:
D.I.D 520 ERV3 X-Ring Chain:
The D.I.D ERV3 X-ring chain is the ultimate high-performance, lightweight, low-friction race chain available and is used extensively by many off-road race teams. The ERV3 X-ring chain utilizes D.I.D's patented X-ring technology which reduces friction by 50% over standard O-ring chains for minimized power loss. The pins on the ERV3 X-ring chain have been put through a patented heat-treatment process to produce a pin that is 1.5 times harder than conventional pins. The result is a chain that is significantly stronger and offers better wear resistance than many other chains on the market. D.I.D ERV3 X-ring chains feature a gold-plated finish that resists rust and adds a little style to your motorcycle or ATV.
- Exclusively designed for motorcycle racing.
- High performance, lightweight and low friction chain provides the winning edge in World Class competition.
- Features gold color plates.
- Average tensile strength of 8,650 pounds.
- Wear life index: 3100.
- For 250 - 750cc Rally, 750cc Superbike and 250 - 750cc Endurance applications.
- Weight (per 100 links): 3.30 pounds.
- Includes a rivet-style master link.
D.I.D 520 VX2 X-Ring Chain:
D.I.D's Pro-Street X-Ring VX Series Chains are high quality X-Ring chains with superior strength to withstand the horsepower of today's dual sports and trials bikes. The VX Series uses D.I.D's patented low friction X-Ring for maximum performance.
- Greater rigidity (7% higher than previous VM chain) creates smother handling, reduced power loss and quicker response.
- Highest value in all D.I.D series.
- D.I.D X-Ring has half the friction and 50 - 100% longer wear life compared to typical O-ring chains.
- Superior longer life than previous VM series.
- Solid rollers.
- Shot-peened parts.
- Extended riveted bushing "Anti-Kink" design.
- Replaces the Professional O-ring V Series and the Premium X-ring VM series chains.
- Average tensile strength of 8,210 pounds.
- Wear life index: 3500.
- Ideal for bikes and ATV's up to 750cc.
- Weight (per 100 links): 3.35 pounds.
- Includes clip-style master link.
D.I.D 520 ZVMX Series X-Ring Gold Chain:
D.I.D's engineers are continuously improving chain designs in order to handle the tremendous horsepower loads of today's high performance motorcycles. In developing the new DID ZVM-X series, D.I.D focused on "Rigidity." Traditionally, "Tensile Strength" has been the bench-mark to indicate overall strength, but tensile strength is only a laboratory static measurement of a chain's fracture point. Rigidity, on the other hand, is the ability of a chain to withstand the forces that occur in the real world that riders experience. Increased rigidity means better power transfer from the engine to the ground, greater resistance to stretching under load, and overall improved performance that meets the demands of the current high-power bikes and the people who ride them.
- Increased rigidity for better power transfer and greater resistance to stretching under load.
- Overall improved performance that meet the demands of the current high-power bikes.
- Designed to meet requirements of machines bigger than 1000cc.
- Same excellent characteristics of the ZVM chains, but its new X2-ring design provides 40 percent greater wear resistance and better overall chain life.
- Average tensile strength of 8,745 pounds.
- Wear life index: 3500.
- For use on Superbikes; maximum rated displacement 1200cc.
- Weight (per 100 links): 3.59 pounds.
- Includes a rivet-style master link.
Note for installing X-ring chains: As X-ring chains are wider than standard roller chains, when fitting an X-ring chain to a motorcycle that was fitted with a non O-ring chain as original equipment, it is essential to check that there is proper clearance of the engine cases near the countershaft sprocket and any other places of close contact. Failure to do so could result in damage to the chain and motorcycle and could ultimately cause the chain to fail.
Note: Image is for reference ONLY, actual product will vary based on fitment and selection.
The chain is sparkling and the sprockets are steel so I'm hoping for durability. The kit does everything it promotes. Definitely an upgrade in acceleration. It does play with the speedo. I needed a leverage pipe to get the front sprocket off.
We do also offer other Chain/Sprocket kits that would let you select the specific sizes of the sprockets you would like. I would recommend taking a look at the Vortex Sprocket & Chain Kit 520 for your R1: http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/Vortex-Sprocket-Chain-Kit-520